Thu, Sep 19, 3:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Looking for some Pipes, Tubes

tabou21 ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 12:29 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:45 AM

I can't seem to find any type of tubes, or pipes, or basic curved shapes...i would like to find some that maybe can move around to change their shape....even if i have to un- group them...

any ideas where i can find some?

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:03 PM

There was a thing made by madmax with metaballs.. i forgot that it was called.. something-tubes.. i think.. im sure sum1 can fill in the blanks

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:09 PM

Smartpipe but Max's stuff no longer seems to reside here.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:10 PM

oh yea! Smartpipe! thats the one.. im sure sum1 has it lyin around still.. ill go googling

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

tabou21 ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:22 PM

Thanks..ill google also :P

tabou21 ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:26 PM

I come up with nothing here. :(

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:28 PM

same :-/

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:29 PM

If theres anyone who has it, i'll host it on my webaccount..

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Lown ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 2:27 PM

I think The Bryster has it, in fact im pretty sure I got it from his file locker. Maybe he could put it there again. Also look in the free stuff section for Cables by Spacebones, they´re not adjustable but there is quite alot of different shapes and sizes. Actually I would recommend all Brycers to download Spacebones Enhanced Primitives packs also!

BecSchm ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 5:06 PM

Go get Wings3D (free modeling app) and make yourself some.  The link to the software download is in the Wings3D forum header area.  I've found it very easy to use compared with other modelers and really useful for stuff like making pipes and such.  (Heresy, I know.  Sorry Bryster!)

BecSchm ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 5:11 PM · edited Wed, 06 May 2009 at 5:24 PM

Another idea is to go to freestuff and do a search for primitives.  Spacebones in particular has some nice shapes you can download.

(edit) and Joe Kurz has some, too.  Just search for "pipes".

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 1:59 AM

file_430366.jpg

Try and use the multi replication tool. If you can figure out how to use it then you can make your own.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 7:11 AM
Forum Moderator

Smartpipe is in my file locker.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tabou21 ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 9:03 AM

Quote - Try and use the multi replication tool. If you can figure out how to use it then you can make your own.

Ive tried using this in the past, but mine always seem to taper off at the ends. i cant create a solid object.:(

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 9:07 AM
Forum Moderator

Multi-rep does take a lot of practise but it does work.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 9:47 AM

Quote - Smartpipe is in my file locker.

Have you checked it lately?   I checked and got a message saying it has been deleted by the owner.

:b_funny:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 10:30 AM
Forum Moderator

TS: Fixed.

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 12:00 PM

Try those settings from the screen shot, it's just a matter of practice with the multi rep tool.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 12:09 PM

should i still host it somewhere?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

tabou21 ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 6:27 PM

Quote - Try those settings from the screen shot, it's just a matter of practice with the multi rep tool.

Wow...I tried this...this is exactly what i was looking for!...Thank you!

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 8:58 AM

Brilliant! Just remember that if you change the scale of an object before hand to make sure that you reset the scale boxes to 100% otherwise you will get the taper efect you mentioned before.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 11:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Someone really needs to write a tut about this!

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 1:54 PM

Yes I'll get one done soon.

Lown ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 3:21 AM

That would be great, multi-rep is something I would like to use, but the results always seem a bit random.

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 3:34 AM

It's best to do a section at a time, then put the pieces together.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 1:48 AM

Tutorial done, just waiting for approval.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 5:07 AM
Forum Moderator

WTG, Joe!!!!!!

Steve-L ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 1:13 PM

I'm not sure if Horo from the Daz forums is a member here but when I needed something similar he pointed me at one of his excellent tutorials for a Bryce mdae posable, flexible pipe which might just be what you're looking for.  It's based on a very clever use of a Bryce path and metaballs.

Here's the link to the page on his website:

http://www.horo.ch/raytracing/tuts/online/tut10/minitut10_en.html

Regards,
Steve.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 2:24 PM
Forum Moderator

It's been approved, Joe!

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 5:05 AM

under free stuff here at rendo you will find a pipe construction set by jenay. it's for poser but should work in daz studio as well. i havnt tried it out my self.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.