Mon, Sep 9, 5:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 8:54 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Software required

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 4:05 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 4:50 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, I couldn't figure WHICH would be best for this question.

My friend is due to start his own medical related company soon, I am looking for a piece of software that I could show him that he may be interested in.

Is there a piece of software that lets you in real-time 3D have a model of a male/female person on screen that you can move, very similar to the Poser software in look, however it will show you the movement of muscle and bone as you move the model accurate to how the body really works.

The software may for example also let you see or make the skin transparent.

Anyone come across a piece of software like this before?

Cheers
EW1000.

Dell XPS M1730
Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 2.6Ghz
500GB (2x 250GB) RAID 1 Sata HDD
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX SLI

crocodilian ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 9:02 PM

Attached Link: Adam interactive anatomy software

There have been some high end anatomy models for Poser, very detailed, quite expensive. I don't recall the vendor.

"Adam Interactive anatomy" would probably be the closest to what you want. It is generally not "dynamic" --  it comes from a cadaver dataset, so "the body in action" isn't available ./ .

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 2:59 AM
EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 9:32 AM

Wow, many thanks guys, knew this was the right place to ask.
both are what I'm looking for it looks like, especially the link by Shawn.
Thanks again,
EW.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

Revelation-23 ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 10:18 PM

What about Zygote's human anatomy figures?

http://www.3dscience.com/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/index.php

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 6:57 PM

Many thanks for the link. I'll look into it, some nice looking models there.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.