Thu, Sep 19, 12:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 7 more stable than Vue 6?

Myrailon ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 7:47 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

What are your experiences with Vue 7? My version 6 is quite instable, even without OpenGL and with wireframe. I think it didn't like my graphics card. I'm think about updating, but it's only worth if it would be more stable.

Greetings

Roland

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 7:48 AM

I had no end of problems with Vue 6, I am now using Vue 7 Complete and apart from some niggly issues it has been pretty stable so far. 

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 1:21 PM

I had no problems with either version but 7 seems stable as a rock unless I do something stupid

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 1:24 PM · edited Tue, 19 May 2009 at 1:27 PM

Quote - I had no problems with either version but 7 seems stable as a rock ***unless I do something stupid

...that comes naturally to me, so it does... ;)

LOL, on more serious note, least on my systems, Vue7 is a lot more stable :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

timspfd ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 1:32 PM

7 opens more reliably for me and generally seems stable, I have had one scene with terrible  crash problems and a few other issues after going to 7.4 but that's a Beta so to be expected.

Rids ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 2:13 PM

I've found the 64 bit version of Vue 7 Complete to be very stable, even with some huge scenes. I use an ATI Radeon 3850 graphics card and even though Vue informs me that it does not support some of the advanced features (and offers to turn them off - how thoughtful) - I just ignore it, select everything on max and it works perfectly.

craftycurate ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 6:20 PM

I'm pretty happy with Vue 7's stability overall - not many crashes, except in function editor but this is listed as a 7.4 fix. 7.4 has added some new bugs but nothing serious, just annoying.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.