Wed, Sep 18, 5:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue7.4 Beta and Poser

TH ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 9:43 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 6:27 PM

Well, finally got to my Vue PC to download and install 7.4 - firstly, I can confirm what FrankT said in another thread.... the Hulk's gone :-)  Means no green people appearing when using the Poser Shader tree. :biggrin:
Secondly, bump and displacement still do not work when using the Poser Shader Tree. (please don't even think about suggesting that I stop using the Poser Shader Tree!!!) :glare:

Thirdly, every example of dynamic (strand based) hair that I've tried to load crashes Vue. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I alone? 😕

TH ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 3:08 PM

looks as though hardly anybody here is interested in Poser (apart from thefixer)
ciao
P.S...... or is it me? (I'd really like to know, but am not holding my breath)

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 3:55 PM

I gave up on the Poser shaders ages ago and use SkinVue otherwise I'd be able to help.  My PC doesn't like the Poser shader tree.  Uses up far too much resources.  I just did that test to see if TheFixers problem might have been sorted out and that one import damn near brought the PC to it's knees :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 4:21 PM

Well I'm interested in Poser as it relates to Vue.  But FrankT is right, the Poser shader tree in Vue is an enormous resource hog and is difficult to get decent results with (at least for me).  I can get dynamic hair to work on my PC (XP-64), but I rarely use it since it generally doesn;t look too good. 

TH ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 2:56 AM

dburdick - dynamic hair used to "sort of" work in Vue, but a couple of people have experienced instant crashes on 64 bit Vue 7.4 beta (windows) when trying to load dynamic hair. What version of Vue are you using?

• If dynamic hair can start working properly in Vue, then I am convinced that one can get good results. But if it doesn't work properly (or even not at all) then how can one expect good results?

Yes I know that the Poser shader Tree uses a lot of resources, but I like it. Sometimes I use it for skin, sometimes I use SkinVue, sometimes my own mix in Vue.....  Depends on the scene.

Regarding the results? Well I'm never perfectly happy (If I were to look at a render that I was proud of back in the early days of Poser I'd most definitely shake my head /laugh/whatever) but I think the results in my gallery are not too bad. Which pic uses which shaders????? :biggrin:

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 7:26 AM

I have a particular use for the poser shader tree in vue.  I toon usinng olivier's materials with shaderworks to apply to the whole scene easily.
The only way to toon in vue is to alter each material individually which takes far too long if one is making hundreds of comic panels.  however using poser's shaders in vue the tooning looks okay and is good enough for putting poser people in outdoor scenes etc.
Love esther
ps haven't tried 7.4 as yet

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

TH ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 6:11 AM

for info - heard from e-on that the dynamic hair problem only occurs on Vista 64bit, works ok on XP 64bit...

elfguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 7:07 AM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 7:07 AM

Well a lot of people use Vue and Poser, me included. Wish I could help, but I'm still on Vue 6 Inf, and I don't use either shaders, I use my own, so, sorry :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.