Tue, Oct 22, 3:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What exactly is the "Render Wars" forum for?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 5:51 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:55 AM

What exactly is the "Render Wars" forum for? The description of it under "Forums", and the nature the messages and images in it, don't give me much of a clue as to its intended purpose. Is it intended for war and battle scenes, or what?

tim ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 6:54 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

At the risk of being flamed, it's largely an entertainment venue and creative outlet for some of our members. There is a rich history that can be researched by going into the forum archive & going to the last posts which obviously occurred first in time. I think a narrative history of this forum is coming to the Renderosity "Journey" section in the sidebar soon. Hope that helps, Tim

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 8:05 AM

heyas; in my interpretation.... it's a joke forum. for joke pictures. it has its roots in the food fight renderings, the smiley wars.... that sort of thing. and then people who like that stupid bendy bunny figure and hate hobbits, made pictures of stupid bendy bunnies killing hobbits. and the pro-hobbit/anti-bunny faction made.... well, you get the idea.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 9:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=432

While you're waiting for the Journey article, here you go... the not quite semi-definitive history of the Render Wars from an origional member. One 'Bear's perspective. With pertinent links & stuff. For a opposite perspective you'll have to ask TIO, but since he doesn't write the column I told it my way. ;] Just follow the link... Joke forum, and cartoon art for all of us that loved the old Warner's Bros drop an anvil on 'em Toon violence.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 7:04 AM

Q: What exactly is the "Render Wars" forum for? A: Whatever you want it to BE for. It's a "blow off steam" forum - less abrasive than C&D, less formal than The Tavern.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 2:17 PM

We're formal in the Tavern? Man... you shoulda tole me - I'da worn my tux...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 4:13 PM

I didn't say the Tavern WAS Formal, just more Formal than Renderwars. And maybe that was the wrong word - maybe "Polite" would be better? :-)

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 5:01 PM

heyas; actually, anthony's scuba guys and sea patrol pics would go nicely in the render wars forum.... :)

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 10:15 PM

Polite works. grin Yeah, Blood... hrmm, the Quozzle S.E.A.L.'s? Its got possibilities...

• Monkeysmell

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 12:13 AM

hrmmm...or the seals themselves 8 ) maybe with the antelope calvary 8)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2001 at 8:13 AM

I dunno--- it's OK, and (sort of) needed, I suppose, but I sense some genuine hostility there. Let's just say I have no plans on going back to it any time soon....

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2001 at 8:14 AM

The Render Wars, that is....

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 11:01 AM

The hostility there is NOT genuine. Brutal and destructive, yeah, but it's more "Get it out of your system land" than "beat the bejeezus out of the newbie" land...

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 3:39 AM

I guess that's why I got scared away. "Funny", I can do in a picture, but "mean" and "obnoxious" escape me...most of the time.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 3:41 AM

Fortunately, there's people like me around. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.