Thu, Sep 19, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Creating a Spaceship model for sale

Bambam131 ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 2:56 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I created a spaceship model for Bryce that was between 50 to 100 megs in size would anyone here at Renderosity be willing to purchase the model if it was around 35 to 45 dollars? Remember that my models are very detailed but you would need a computer with at least 2 Gigs of Ram and a processor that is over 2 Ghz.. I am looking for input so please feel free to make any sugestions.

Thanks,

David Robinson (AKA) Bambam131

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 5:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Awesome Idea!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Thandaluz ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 9:28 PM

Great idea!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 10:36 PM

The best idea re: pricing would be to check out similar offerings here in the Marketplace to get a feel for what market value is...but do bash on,,,you build lovely models.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

rj001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2009 at 2:11 AM

Youre stuff is Legend, i am sure a ready market exists. Make it so.....

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2009 at 12:23 PM

why not? theres people on this site that charges that amount for a v4 morph/texture and some really, really SMALL clothes :lol:

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2009 at 10:42 AM

depends on the market...there's a certain site named after a 'souped-up callmiari' (no names, please...;) that would charge that much for a model of a wing nut...;)

that being said, your stuff is heads and shoulders above that. Considering the detail, that price doesn't sound too far off the mark. I'm just wondering about thte zillions of polygons it's gonna have...;)

But if you're as good with modeling programs as Bryce, it won't be a problem...great idea...hope it works...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dhama ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2009 at 11:31 PM

To be honest, I don't think there are many Brycers that could afford or would be willing to pay prices like that since the software was pretty cheap to start with. You'd do better to make them in a format that can be used in many applications like 3ds or obj etc. Excellent models though.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2009 at 11:42 PM

I agree with what everyone said about your models being legend (and even moreso amongst those few who only practice the art of boolean), but looking at what dharma just said - you're going to have use the latest version of Bryce to convert to .obj if you really want access to the real market for that type of thing. (Only Brycers can use .obp, but everyone can use .obj.) If you succeed in exporting it to the more common format, "build it and they will come." (Also note that there is less competition in the near-contemporary and plausible spaceships vs. all-out sci-fi/fantasy stuff, so you're not venturing too far into price-war territory. So I'd say to go for it!)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 3:06 AM

I personally wouldn't pay that much for any model here, especially in today's economy. I agree with bobbystahr, best look at what the market will bear. I used to buy some of the items by a well known artist here, but no longer get them because they all started to look the same, and never did buy into the stuff that souped up name unmentioned artist because it really wasn't worth what they wanted for it. One thing I've seen in all my time here is you need to remember that if you price it fairly you will sell more than if you try to sell it as an artistic creation. No one will ever value it the way you do.   8^)
JMO

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 6:18 PM

Theres no point restricting your market to .obp go with the .obj

tabou21 ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 7:46 PM

"you're going to have use the latest version of Bryce to convert to .obj if you really want access to the real market for that type of thing. (Only Brycers can use .obp, but everyone can use .obj.)"

how can you convert to obj? i didnt know this was possible.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 3:01 AM
Forum Moderator

*how can you convert to obj? i didnt know this was possible.

*Create object in Bryce, hit the [c] option and then export as obj. Job done.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.