Thu, Sep 19, 10:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hi and light dome question

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 12:24 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Hi. Anyone remember me? I'm alive and well. I'm still Brycing. I just haven't posted here in a long time.

I'm starting up a site specifically for my art and I know what I want the header image to look like but I'm not sure the best way to achieve it. I want a photo studio look where everything except the subject is white. I want 3D text that says "3D Art by Jason" in a dark metallic silver. To the right but in front will be a sphere, a cube, and a pyramid in a jeweled blue. I want the text and the shapes to look as 3D and real as possible. Would a light dome be best for this? If so, where would I find one that offers a balance between realism and decent rendering times?

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 5:51 PM

Hi Jason,
Of course I remember you. Good to see you back here. Sorry I can't help with your dome question. When you get that website up and running provide a link, I'd love to check out your work.

Angela

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 6:24 PM

Angela,

Although my site isn't up, you can see all my art at my Zazzle store:
http://www.zazzle.com/jasonmit/posters

Be warned that it includes my early "sphere over water" works, but people buy it so who am I to deny them?

Jason

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 7:16 AM

Hi and welcome back. In response to your question, take a look at this tut over at photochopz forum... How to create cool 3d Photoshopz part 2... Pay close attention to the lighting set up. Hope this helps.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

jasonmit ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 1:35 PM

Quote - Hi and welcome back. In response to your question, take a look at this tut over at photochopz forum... How to create cool 3d Photoshopz part 2... Pay close attention to the lighting set up. Hope this helps.

Thank you. That gave me everything I needed. Now to create the header image.

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 5:40 PM

Thanks for the link Jason. Saw a bunch of images that I remembered, but had forgotten who did them. Really nice stuff there. Take care.

jasonmit ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 5:44 PM

Quote - Thanks for the link Jason. Saw a bunch of images that I remembered, but had forgotten who did them. Really nice stuff there. Take care.

Thank you!

jasonmit ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 11:55 PM

file_431412.jpg

And here's what I came up with for my site's header image.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 7:12 AM

That's lovely Jason, but don't you think the cube, sphere and pyramid should be a little bit bigger ? I thought you said you were going to make the lettering in a dark metallic silver and the sphere, the cube, and the pyramid in a jeweled blue.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 6:18 PM

Just a Suggestions.

about

3D ART BY JASON

Make all the A's in Pyramids the O a Sphere and the N a Cube?

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 6:20 PM

Quote - Just a Suggestions.

about

3D ART BY JASON

AN excellent suggestion!!!!

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 3:55 PM

Quote - That's lovely Jason, but don't you think the cube, sphere and pyramid should be a little bit bigger ? I thought you said you were going to make the lettering in a dark metallic silver and the sphere, the cube, and the pyramid in a jeweled blue.

I changed my mind and decided I liked ruby for all of it. The shapes don't look as small on the actual site:

http://www.3dartbyjason.com/

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 4:06 PM

Quote - Just a Suggestions.

about

3D ART BY JASON

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll keep it like this.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:44 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:48 PM

OOOOhhh, I like. Very pretty, the Ruby letters are fantastic! I agree with keeping it like it is.

Umm, I just tried the link, and copy pasted it in. It didn't take me anywhere that looked like a website. It said something about posting a blog, I think. It did have your banner in the heading. I'll check back on it in a day or two.

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:56 PM

The blog is the web site.Each post will be an image and background info on it. Nothing there yet though except the header image.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.