Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT - The Cardinal & The Mayor

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 1:53 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:41 PM
Forum Moderator

My son was inaugurated as Mayor of our town yesterday. Just a rush job. More to come later.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

BecSchm ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 2:13 PM

He's a handsome lad!  I love the official mayor's robes he's wearing.  Pretty neat!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 3:10 PM · edited Sat, 23 May 2009 at 3:11 PM

Congrats mate...a proud moment for sure...he's beaming, as are you in a spike milligan sort of way...LOL.. ...

and in honour of spike as well here's the world's funniest joke[spike's] according to wiki

A couple of Mississippi hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 4:15 PM · edited Sat, 23 May 2009 at 4:17 PM

@TheBryster - Congrats to you and your son!

@bobbystahr - ~ROFLMBO~  Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

photostar ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 5:55 PM

A very proud father you are.  Now, what's he going to do for your street?  LOL  Hey, I really like the robes....something we here in the States seem to have tossed out after the Revolutionary War.  Mayors over here sometimes attend meetings in a T-shirt and jeans.....and I'm not kidding.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 12:03 AM

had me confused, I thought Mayors dressed up in suits, and Cardinals in robes...;)

shows what I know...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 12:52 AM

Ok, theres something wrong here....
....The word Mayor derives from the Latin major ("major", "greater") which developed like such terms as senior ("elder") ......
..but how can your son be older than you? A paraodox perhaps?

Anyway congrats.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 2:54 AM · edited Sun, 24 May 2009 at 2:57 AM
Forum Moderator

Dhama: E=mc2.    But 'Senior' refers to rank, not age.

Pakled: My robes just hadn't come back from the cleaners after a particularly busy day at the tortu....er....interview room.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 7:02 AM

I can see where the kid gets his good looks. Congrats proud papa!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 7:35 AM
Forum Moderator

*I can see where the kid gets his good looks.

*Yup! That would be his mum!

vangogh ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 12:04 PM

I'm confused......your the cardinal, yet you are dressed like a mayor......and your son is the mayor, yet he is dressed like a cardinal. Well anyways.....congrats to your son and you. I hope his time as mayor is a successful one.

And on a side note.....is there ANY chance that your son can get me a seat in your house of commons?.....and no amount of money is too much, if it comes to that.

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 12:07 PM

Congrats once again to Trevor....but who is that grey haired old man shaking hands with him!lol.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 1:43 PM · edited Sun, 24 May 2009 at 1:45 PM
Forum Moderator

:lol@Johnyf

Trev and Jamie - my son and grandson.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 6:16 PM

Awesome!!! Congratulations.

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hey - Ang25 here, CONGRATS ! That's Great news. Fine looking  offspring you have. Love the robes.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 10:14 AM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 10:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Ang? What are you doing using Questy's account......oh never mind. :lol:

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 2:54 PM

Congrats!

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:16 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:30 PM

Well Bryster, Ang came down to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend with me just as we’ve done for the last couple of years. For us here in the US Memorial Day Weekend signals the official start of summer.  On this long weekend we remember those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom and liberty in all wars. We visited the Air craft carrier Intrepid in all its glory. I for one always remember that and my prayers are with all those valiant and brave service people and their families that help guard our freedom.

Ang and I saw Dan Brown’s movie “Angels and Demons”, we both had read the book and saw the new “Terminator…Salvation” movie as well. Then we went and saw Cirque Du Soleil  Kooza, an incredible performance. All was fantastic and we had a great time. Not to mention all the great breakfasts and dinners we had.

Now…how do I get one of those pajamas?  Just kidding Bryster I’m hoping you’re not getting angry with me. It’s custom and tradition I know. Ultimately I just can only wish you and your family the very best. But if you patent we can all wear something royal!

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:40 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 9:41 PM

Hi Bryster,
Just got home a few hours ago. Spent the week in the City, with my personal tour guide. Had a fantastic time as always. Quest forgot to mention that we also spent Sunday touring the Aircraft carrier The Intrepid. What an awesome ship. It even had an escalator, which totally floored me when I saw it. Quite the big ship and just when we thought we'd seen it all and were leaving we stumbled upon a lower level that we hadn't known about. Very cool.
It was fleet week in NYC and there were many of our enlisted men and women around in uniform. It was very nice.
EDIT ok, so I missed the part where Quest mentioned we saw the Intrepid. LOL, I'm tired.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 2:54 AM

Thats so cool! When can he start claiming on a second home?

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 3:16 AM
Forum Moderator

ROTFLMAO@Orbital

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 5:29 AM

That is really damn cool, congratulations, mate! :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 1:11 AM

" Pakled: My robes just hadn't come back from the cleaners after a particularly busy day at the tortu....er....interview room."

And i am still a little heretic :b_lipssealed:

Whoot! Congrats brycie! Loove the robes!!! You have a good looking set of boys there...your missus can take full credit...grin...

I wish him all the best in that difficult job, when he is finished there you can make him 'Governor of Mars'

Boof

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 1:58 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the nice comments, Guys!

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 5:52 AM · edited Wed, 27 May 2009 at 5:53 AM

Lol @ Orbital.

Oh Bryster, tell him he has to install a moat, then he can get it cleaned.

ROFL!

Love the pics, congratulations.

Nice to see the coat of arms for Aberystwyth, your son looks... sumptuous!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 12:59 PM

Congratulations Bryster.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 8:56 PM

Congratulations to your son and congratulations to you also.  Your son's success is a reflection on his upbringing.

e-brink ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 1:04 PM

Blimey! - The Mayster!          Congratulations! You must be very proud! The second shot is especially good.

jrcejaspulido ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 11:20 AM

Congratulations TheBryster.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.