Sun, Sep 22, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to deal with clothing poke-throughs?

Literata ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 8:47 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:26 AM

When I customize Victoria 2's body settings, then apply a dress to her (by adding the dress to the scene and conforming it to the Vicky figure), I get the usual body part poke-throughs. I'm using the Vicky clothing pack from Daz, and the dress does have some additional adjustments, but no luck with twiddling with them. What I'm wondering is, is there a way to transfer the settings from, say, Vicky's chest to the dress's chest? Thanks in advance!

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 7:13 PM

Most clothing is designed to work only with the figure's default body shape. Morphs are specific to the geometry of the figure it was made for, so they cannot be transfered over to other figures. the3dwizard has Clothing Morph Packs that have extra morphs and magnets for Daz's Vicki Clothing Pack. His Clothing Pack 3 is designed to work with many of the Vicki2 morphs. joezable is working on and upgrade to the Vicki Clothing Pack to be brokered through DAZ that will evidently contain all of the Vicki2 morphs. Additionally, if the poke through's aren't too major you can try to correct them using a magnet or by creating your own morph targets. Or you can try turing the body part that is poking through to invisible if it's not meant to be exposed somewhere else. Hope this helps.

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 7:13 PM

You wont be able to transfer the settings but you can try learning to use the magnets in Poser to tweak the clothing. Ron

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 7:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=2449

Oh, the Clothing Morph Pack by the3dwizard are in the MarketPlace here. Here's the link to #3.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 10:08 PM

joezable's upgrade to the Vicki Clothing Pack sounds like a real must-have, assuming they've worked out the V2 cr2 file copyright restriction.

Literata ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 10:28 PM

Thanks for the advice...that Clothing Morph Pack is just what I was looking for!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.