Tue, Oct 22, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Problems with poser 7 saves

pj1240 ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2009 at 11:37 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 6:16 PM

Well I dont know if its just me but Ever since we started using poser 7 we get random problems with poser 7 saves.  It usually involves clothing and for some reason when you load up a save it looses textures. You get an out of memory/can't find file error message and it doesn't load Textures.

Sometimes clearing caches and rebooting helps sometimes not.  I don't think its a memory issue as we have 8Gb of memory and it can happen on a simple scene. Complex scenes often load fine as well. 

I'm completely baffled. Some products seem to be more plagued with this issue than others. Anyone else had this problem/ found a solution?

I don't compress saves but is there anything else that might help?

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2009 at 11:48 PM

Never an issue with me as I have always had it off, but I seem to remember people mentioning turning off .pmd creation in the settings when a file is saved. Have you tried that? Can't get at my settings at the minute, but something like save with binaries files or close to that.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:13 AM

I get that and I have not seen a solution yet. I have recoved a few scenes by manually removing materials and redoing them.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 3:17 AM

It's just possibly related to one of these two things:

1. Check that your Library Preferences File search option is set to "Deep".

2. Make sure you do not have duplicate texture files in any of your connected libraries.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Greebo ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 10:20 AM

I've had this a lot. Using the python scene inventory script I found out that poser wasn't looking where it should for the texture files. It was inserting another file level that simply didn't exist on my system.

eg: E:RuntimesV4-A4 ClothesRuntimeTexturesBillyTLeatherW_Leather_Jac_Spec.jpg
       E:RuntimesV4-A4ClothesRuntimeTexturesBillyTLeatherW_Leather_Jac_Spec.jpg

The first line is where it should have been looking, the second is where it was actually looking. I think it had to do with the space, although P7 worked fine like that for six months before it started with this. I tried everything to fix it, deleted preference files and whatnot and nothing short of a full uninstall/reinstall (including all the stuff it hides in my docs) fixed it.

The second time it happened my very clever boyfriend set up some sort of virtual shortcut to save me the stress.

Don't know if any of this helps at all, but if none of the above works, load up a scene that's giving you hassle, run the script and have a look :)

ecccoman ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:36 AM

This has been a chronic problem for me as well - both with P7 & Poser Pro. 

I think IsaoShi had something when she said "..be sure that the textures are not loaded to more than one runtime."    Unfortunately, I have been sloppy with my RTs in the past.  I have loaded clothes and hair to more than one RT & then forgot which ones.  And I just don't have the time to clean them up and get my RTs in order.

Lately, I have been limiting my Library to only those RTs that are needed for the scene I am working on.  When I am finished with a scene I eliminate most of the RTs from the library and load only what I need for the next scene.  I think it is helping, but it is too soon to be definitive.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:30 PM · edited Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:30 PM

As I remember, the problem with duplicate files in different Runtimes was not a problem at all until they introduced an 'improved' method of file searching with Poser 7 SR3 and Poser Pro SR1. I read up all about it, but it's a long time ago now and I don't remember the details.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 9:06 PM

Loosing ones memory is a terrible thing, I hate becoming a certified old fart!

But wasn't there an issue with the use of the letters runtime twice in the file path mentioned eons ago. Might have been an older version of Poser. But the fact that the letters are repeated twice caught my eye.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.