Fri, Sep 20, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: June 2009 Forum Challenge "Weather"

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 11:04 AM

Good link Kort thanks, love the graduation shot :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 11:20 AM

Yeah, that was my favorite too.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Fred255 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 11:51 AM

Yes young ladies getting wet appeals to me to 

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 12:03 PM

file_432401.jpg

LOL @ David These kind of cloud formations are why I love S. Florida in the summer...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

jcpowell ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 2:30 PM

Its been raining ALL day here in New Jersey!  I captured some rain drops splashing in the street puddle.

Joe

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

Fred255 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 3:08 PM

WOW good photo Joe!

ecurb - The Devil

Katraz ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:27 PM

file_432429.jpg

**Fred255 (2009)** it's all your fault Its gone from hot and sunny to this  , the sky above me, bet its the plainist weather pic  uploaded.  : -)

Katraz ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:28 PM

file_432430.jpg

Now a shot of my van screen.

Fred255 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:29 PM

Ha Ha!

ecurb - The Devil

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:48 PM · edited Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:58 PM

file_432431.jpg

Bad weather coming.

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 5:59 PM

file_432434.jpg

Bad weather has come

DreamersWish ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 11:04 PM

file_432451.jpg

Here is my first image.  Sorry I have not taken any this month yet, but here is one taken on Mother's Day.  Rain had been going on for days.  The river was totally flooded.  The lines (if you can see them) going down the stairs shows you where the stairs end (about 25 stairs down) and the line going horizontally shows where the sand and water usually meet up.  If you are looking at eye level and look down at about a 30 to 35 degree angle from the top step, that is where the river is usually.  Hopefully that made sense.  Will try and do some pics later in the month.  Great viewing so far!

Katraz ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 2:16 AM

Hope the river has stopped rising it looks close to the top.

DreamersWish ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 1:44 PM

I think that was the peak of the flood waters.  A week later it actually lower than usual.  It was a very intimidating sight.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 6:33 AM

file_432531.jpg

Hi all Firstly let me say how I have enjoyed looking at all your weather images now. They are all superb!

Well, I had a stern talking to by one of the co-ords and decided that before I get a hiding, I better place something! This image was taken about 30 minutes ago! It is one of my roses at the end of it's glory against this morning's winter sky!

Hugs, Carin xx

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 6:40 AM

file_432532.jpg

This is my second effort! The image was actually taken a couple of weeks ago over the roof of my house. I just loved the strange formation and many layers of the clouds at sunset! More hugs, Carin xx

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Katraz ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 7:09 AM

Two great Pics, both show off the clouds well.

cfulton ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 8:40 AM

file_432535.jpg

The weather in the Cape is very much dealing with seasonal rains in winter.  Hence in Cape Town we have lots of mist and rain.  Cloud cover is usually a low blanket of grey, so this late afternoon cloud was appealing.

Cheers,
Clive

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 9:54 AM

Oooe, that is rather unusual cloud formation for Cape Town Clive! Well captured there! :)

Elliott Erwitt

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 10:05 AM

What a wonderful variety of weather shots, everybody!  Gosh ... I've been looking every day, but haven't said anything for a while.  (I've been a bad girl - don' t tell on me!)    LOVE the thunder clouds and the rain shots from different parts of the world.  The winter weather in SA looks like summer weather here!  Thanks, Carin and Clive!

I don't know what's up with that coord, Carin, giving you gief!      I mean ... he hasn't been around here for days and days, and has only posted ONE pic in this thread.    That's pretty mean ... is he nie 'n kerkmens nie?    

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 10:36 AM

file_432548.JPG

As we are also suppose to take a shot of the weather specially for this thread, i have taken this from my garden. Here you can se what weather we have right now.

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:31 PM · edited Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:32 PM

file_432575.jpg

Rain Rain and even MORE Rain! ![http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_432575.jpg](../../../mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_432575.jpg)

ecurb - The Devil

Katraz ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:50 PM

Nice shot , I love canal boats, were was it taken.

Katraz ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 5:16 PM

file_432577.jpg

A shot down the field , the weather could not make up its mind , drown us or bake us.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 2:42 AM

Greatrainy shots David and some more marvelous weather shots Katraz!!!

Tara, yes, I am also wondering what is up with that co-ord!!! He is supposed to be a kerkmens!!!

Maybe he needs some talking to!!!

Elliott Erwitt

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 8:55 AM

Carin, I think it's time we did a little double-team run.  Time to gang up on the staff!  Between the two of us, we should be able to get something close to 24-hour coverage.  M. Kerkmens won't stand a chance!   

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 8:58 AM

Why are you ganging up on me?  What have done ?

ecurb - The Devil

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:02 AM

Relax, David ... you're not in trouble ... this time! 

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:03 AM

That makes a change!

ecurb - The Devil

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:09 AM

Enjoy your moment in the sun!    (That doesn't count as a weather post, btw ... just MENTIONING the sun!  I still get one more!)

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:06 AM · edited Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:06 AM

And still it keeps raining!

ecurb - The Devil

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:37 AM

Ha David... this last image is fantastic! I love it!!!

Tara, I agree with the teaming up against the mentioned co-ord... We can plan how we will approach it and then boom!!! - before he knows it, he will be surrounded!!! :)))

Elliott Erwitt

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 1:58 PM

file_432614.jpg

Misty Morning

All part of living in the Cape in winter.

Stay warm ( those of you in the Southern Hemisphere!),
Clive

Katraz ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 4:50 PM

file_432629.jpg

Possibly the last for a while as things are getting a bit hectic for the next week. Reflections in a puddle in the nursery car park.

beachzz ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:56 PM

great stuff here, guess i better get busy!!

busi2ness ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 2:59 PM

Oh gosh David, why do I get that eerie feeling it's not YOU being targeted this time! :ohmy: I better re-read and see what exactly was the offense here...

Great uploads and I am serious, if I can just mention a few on the last page, Clive, Carin, Katraz, David, Helle and the fear inspiring one of Beth!

I slipped up on an ideal opportunity to capture cold rainy weather yesterday. Oh well, I better keep looking and you too Marilyn!

I will be back! :mad:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

cfulton ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:37 PM

file_432668.jpg

Cape Town Winter

Low cloud shrouding the top of Table Mountain with the city covered in mist.  What a place!

Great captures everyone, and I look forward to seeing Piet's work!

Cheers,
Clive

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:41 PM

That's a brilliant photo Clive!

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:24 PM

Boy I have not been around here for a few days, great entries all, Oh and am I glad I am not a staff member anymore, I'd hate to have auntie after me

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:28 PM

I'm think Piet is quite looking forward to it

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:29 PM

busi2ness ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:58 PM

file_432670.jpg

This cold front was the forerunner of our uncommonly cold, wet and rainy weather  and was even evident in Carin's upload. Very unlike the usual weather Clive has in Cape Town.

Well if this is teaming up, bring it on you two collaborators! Let's see yours...  :laugh:

Hey Ronnie, what a sweet boy you have been! Great avatar my friend.

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:14 PM · edited Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:15 PM

Thanks Piet, yes I was cute as all get out then, Don't know what happened when I grew up but something went wrong LMAO!!  

Great shot here Pieter, I love the dreamy colours!

busi2ness ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:26 PM

Oh Ronnie I bet you are as sweet as ever, we just mature with time. I chose to stay a boy at heart but the body did not cooperate at all either! :tongue1:

Please keep "those two" in check if they get up to any mischief please. They have a habit of reverting to Dutch in order for the mods not to be aware of their (bad) behavior. LOL

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:31 PM

Oh that's fine piet, consider me hired, my Dutch German and french are OK at the mo and even the odd smattering of Swahili, in case Carin tries to be clever and illusive mwaaaaaaaaaaaa!

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 10:04 PM

Before I totally dive into complete and utter nonsense, I want to make sure I don't forget to tell you how impressed I am with the shots that have been posted here!  Awesome work, everybody!  LOVE the rain, David ... and Clive's shots of the Cape are fabulous! 

Who would have ever guess that Auntie Seattle wouldn't be able to cough up a current picture of rain???  LOL!  I'm hoping, but the five-day says there's no rain in sight. 

All right ... you two boys better behave yourselves!  (Ummm ... that would be Piet & RJ, just so there's no confusion about who's in trouble here!)  You're no match for Carin and I when we get going.    Best be careful, or we'll go all gatvol on you!   

Dis goed om jou te sien, Piet  ... it's about time you showed up ... ek is trots op jou ... a current pic and everything!    (And gosh ... it's gorgeous!!)

And you, Ronnie, you're just encouraging him!      Time for another pic from you, methinks!

@ Piet :   Soet wees ... * blaas 'n soen * 

@ Ronnie :  Be good, Sweetie!  ... * blows kisses *

beachzz ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 11:25 PM

geez auntie, while you're complaining about the heat, it's cold and foggy here and they ARE callin for rain.  i'll trade ya anyday!!!

beachzz ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 11:28 PM

file_432685.jpg

sunset in hawaii--the "vog" gives it that eerie red glow.  (vog--caused by the constant output of the volcanoes on the island)

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 11:28 PM

You're on ...  Denise and I are dying up here!  I'm pretty sure it was over 75F today.  Yikes!

DreamersWish ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 12:30 AM

My goodness Marilyn that is simpy gorgeous!  I have never seen that kind of sunset before.  Amazing shot.  Piet your sunset is gorgeous too!  Love the colors.

AuntieK - You have to keep your eyes out for those Weesley Twins (Ronnie and Piet)!  They are clever young men you know. 

Fabulous image so far!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.