Fri, Oct 4, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT - Smoke Me A Kipper?

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 4:15 AM
Forum Moderator

**Some of you might remember the discussion about Red Dwarf a couple of weeks ago, in which the phrase 'Smoke Me A Kipper' or Stoke Me A Clipper' became the source of debate.

Well to solve this mystery I e-mailed 'Ace Rimmer' aka Chris Barrie and he replied!!!!!!!**

Hi Chris,

I believe he said 'smoke me a kipper...' However, to confuse matters slightly, I think there is also somewhere a 'stoke me a k(c)lipper version...Might be a question for Andrew Ellard at Grant Naylor Productions.

You may be interested to know that my new series, Britain's Greatest Machines, is on National Geographic Channel at 9pm this Thursday 4th June.

Best wishes,

Chris Barrie

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dyret ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:51 AM

smoke me a kipper. that's a song by deep purple :lol:

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 11:06 AM

Attached Link: wiki

And to further muddy the waters WIKI has this: *"Following his visit to Red Dwarf, Ace extended his adventures through the multiverse, adventuring, becoming a hero, and meeting all the many alternate versions of himself. When he finally became unable to carry on, he passed his wig and his legacy on to another version of himself, who became the new Ace. Previous Ace Rimmers were sent, when they finally died, to orbit a planet in an unknown location in small yellow 'coffins', and by the time Red Dwarf's Rimmer took on the mantle in **[*Stoke Me a Clipper*](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoke_Me_a_Clipper "Stoke Me a Clipper")**, the billions of Ace Rimmers who have come before him had formed a ring around the planet (resembling the logo of the TV series).*

Ace's catchphrase is "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!", and it is a running joke in the series that everyone who comes into contact with Ace Rimmer exclaims "What a guy!" in tones of complete adoration."

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 1:18 PM

Deep Purple put out so many albumns, they had an instrumental devoted to an anti-crabs medicine...;)

(well, the numbers and letters were the same...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:36 PM
Forum Moderator

*devoted to an anti-crabs medicine...;) * Yup! It was called 'BURN'

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 3:50 AM

no the album is called 'burn' the instrumental is '"a" 200' lol

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 10:42 PM

Well, I still like "cloak me a stripper, I'll be home for Yom Kippur".

Thanks for the research B Man and Bobby - What a Guys!! 

"Britains Greatest Machines", Eh? gonna have to figure out how to catch that one !!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 5:01 PM

Its funny how this topic has come up.  I've been re-watching Red Dwarf all the way from Series one to Series 8.  There are 2 variations that I can Confirm.

Series (season) 07  Episode #2  is titled "Stoke Me a Clipper" which is shown at the opening credits.  Now at the same time.. before the credits there is a long intro leading up to the credits and "Ace Rimmer" using an airplane, writes text with smoke in the Sky and that says "smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 11:27 AM

It can be anything you like - if only they'd make more new Red Dwarfs....

Or should that be Red Dwarves?

Lol! (LotR joke)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 2:28 PM

didn't they try that with something called a triplicator?

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 6:51 PM · edited Mon, 22 June 2009 at 6:53 PM

Yeah, but didn't they just get old dwarves from that?

Maybe... they should write a new series called WhiteDwarf, that way they can use new actors - if it's that the old Red Dwarfers are too busy doing other things.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.