Thu, Sep 19, 4:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue refuses to save!

RubyDancingmoon ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 6:36 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:18 AM

Hello I hope somebody can help me.
I am running Vue 7 x-stream 32bit and for some reason after I finish rendering a picture I click the little 'save picture icon' and nothing happens! It refuses to save.

It was working fine until a week or so ago. I have not made any changes to my machine whatsoever, nor installed or uninstalled anything during that time, it simply stopped saving!

If I render in 1026x640 I can take a 'print screen' of the finished image, take it into psp and save that way but of course anything larger (and I like larger renders as a desktop picture for example) and this method wont work as the finished image has scroll bars side and bottom so any screen shot wont show all of it.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to save again, it really is most frustrating!
Many thanks
RubyDancingmoon

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2009 at 11:48 PM

I have seen this same question about 2 months ago here in the forums.  Try doing a search and see what the final results were.  I wish you the best of luck on this.  Oh, when you find the solution, please post it here so others can learn from it.

redtrek ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 3:11 AM

One thing that causes this problem is if you have not saved your scene.  I find it somewhat irritating myself, since I do some quickie renders of things to composite in images, and don't really need to keep the scene file.

RubyDancingmoon ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 6:48 AM

Hello. Thanks for your input.
I got into the habit of always saving my scenes as I work on them. After doing something major in a scene I save it, and always save the final setup before doing a final render so i'm afraid that isn't the solution.
I did find the previous thread here but it seems that no solution was found.   http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2763079

I still can't save.... HELP!!!!
Many thanks

spedler ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 8:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2214

This rare but very bad bug was discussed at some length in the eon forums (see link) and solutions/workarounds were posted there. Try them out and see if they work for you.

Steve

RubyDancingmoon ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 2:02 PM

Thanks Steve Just went there, had to register for an account and when it was finally done I got the message "The topic or post you requested does not exist"   :o(

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 3:27 AM · edited Mon, 08 June 2009 at 3:32 AM

The link is correct .It is the e-on side that won't let you go there . http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2214 . The topic name was : Bug !-Cannot save rendered Picture .The solution so far: Delete the doubleslash and make it a singleslash in the render to disk path and save your scene. I am really glad, that I am not the only one ;)  .      Wow copy/paste forum topic makes it a link.Didn't know that .

spedler ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 7:59 AM

Hm, don't know why it won't let you in, it works for me, but indeed the link is correct. Go to their forums, then to the 'Vue - all versions' forum, then look for the link titled as Timberwolf says above.

The double-slash thing is not the only workaround suggested, there's a lot about deleting the preferences file as a possible solution as well.

Steve

RubyDancingmoon ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 2:47 PM

Thanks guys! I am still having trouble accessing the forums for some strange reason, however a dear friend of mine went in and got the important bits of info for me.
Basically here are the two possible solutions:

Open "Render Options"
Under "Render Destination" click on "Render to disk"

Click on "Options"

Under "Save color picture", check to see if it has a double in the path. eg:  C:UsersNamePicturese-on softwareVue 7 xStreamUntitled.bmp

Just to show I put an extra after the name

If it does eliminate a   so there's a single one.
Click OK

The other solution mentioned is:

• Go to the Vue 7 x folder
  • Go to the Environment subfolder
  • Find the Default.cfg file
  • Rename it as Default.cfg_ (or eventually delete or move it)
  • Restart Vue 7

I notice that the first option is for rendering straight to disk. My problem occured during 'render to screen' I like to do that so I can immediatley see anything that needs changing but then couldn't use the 'save' icon... I will test out the save to disc path and get back to you on it.
Thanks to everyone for their help!

RubyDancingmoon ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 4:56 AM

Hello... an update for you.
Having followed solution one above and removing the double from the save path everything seems to be ok. So far I have done some test renders (to screen) at different sizes and have managed to save them all using the save icon.
The only thing I have noticed is that on opening Vue each time I have to go into the settings and remember to change the save path. For some reason it doesn't remember that I removed the extra
Still, at least it is working.... so far!
Thanks for all your help.   :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.