Fri, Sep 20, 2:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Toss that Camera!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:51 AM

Attached Link: The Colorful Art Of Camera Tossing

Weeee!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 4:39 PM

There is no way I will be tossing my new baby anywhere!

ecurb - The Devil

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:11 PM

Ammm....for the safe side can I just spin it by a strap instead of "let it" out of my hand. Great result though I have to admit. Thx for this link Kort.

seeya  T

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:46 PM

Very cool link! I might consider it with a smaller (less expensive) camera, but I am too much of a fumble fingers to be trying this stunt!!! LOL :P

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 5:50 PM

If I swung mine around be the strap I would probably knock myself out!

ecurb - The Devil

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 6:47 AM

maaan, what is going to be the next? 

Helle

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 7:28 AM

We were with a bunch of people on a hay wagon a few years ago.  A friend said he would take a picture of us with my camera (this was a nice camera but not a dslr).   He had two cameras in hand.  He shot with mine then when he went to raise the other camera, he simply let go of mine!

I watched in slow motion dread as the camera headed down, past his waist, past the knees, toward the ground...then bounce, like a bungee cord at the end and the camera stopped about 6 inches from the ground.  This guy did not even know it happened..but did have the strap on his neck!     I suppose his shot with the second camera might have shown "shocked what's next" expressions on our faces.

No, he did not snap the shutter of my camera first so no neat photo to show.  I was thinking only of how to replace the camera.   And, possibly replace him. LOL

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 4:12 PM

Heheheh tom...

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 9:45 PM

Ummmm... Hell no!
Thanks for the link - both fascinating and frightening!
-Lew ;-)

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2009 at 9:01 AM

This is similar to some of the blurstractions I used to do, though I never threw the camera around. I agree that attaching it to strings somehow is the way to go. And using a back-up camera is probably a good idea. Smaller pocket cams also are easier to use for this sort of thing.

babuci ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2009 at 6:37 PM

Kort you right. I did try to spin a camera by its strap or I was spinning with a gear and got very similar pictures what I can create by twisting/zooming a lens on the tripod or free hand, those blurstraction kind.

seeya  T

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 25 June 2009 at 5:53 AM · edited Thu, 25 June 2009 at 5:54 AM

My brother and I were doing this with cell phones, got some spooky results, but no way am I tossing my camera around so freely :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

jcpowell ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2009 at 3:21 AM

file_434038.jpg

I tried this with my cell phone...shooting towards my television, which had a news report on Michael Jackson showing at the time.

I basically used a toss & spin movement and then caught it again....note I had a very soft blanket on the floor in case I missed.

Joe

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2009 at 1:39 PM

looks like the front of his album covers

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2009 at 1:35 PM

Looks pretty neat Joe. Thanks for sharing!

bakapo ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2009 at 2:35 PM

file_434256.jpg

Feeling dizzy yet? I spun my small digital camera by the strap and caught my backyard tree, red fence and a tiny bit of the birdbath in the lower left corner.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.