Mon, Sep 9, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: After Effects Question

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 12:01 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

file_432653.jpg

Ok for some reason there isn't from what I Can see, an After Effects forum on Renderosity so I hope you don't mind me posting this simple question here....

I am looking to create this text effect in AE CS4.

I can do the gradient using a Ramp Effect. But how to do make the stroke around the text..

is the only way to do this by duplicating the layer and using Matte Choker?

Thanks
EW

Dell XPS M1730
Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 2.6Ghz
500GB (2x 250GB) RAID 1 Sata HDD
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX SLI

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 6:11 PM

I don't know the answer to your question, as I don't have After Effects (yet... it's on my wishlist, but probably for next year). However, I wanted to mention that, if you don't find an answer here, there's a pretty active After Effects forum at www.CreativeCow.com; actually, there's four, but I don't know what all they cover. If you go there and click on the forums link, you should be able to go right to it.

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 6:22 PM

I do believe if you go to your character panel there is an option for stroke just like in Illustrator.

graphicnovel ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 10:09 PM

to make the stroke around the text .... if you created the text in ae, then when you click on text it should appear a box with text option on your right side, however if you create a text in ai or ps than you can import it to ae and work with it as an image, if you do have the master package than just use the dynamic link.....
hope that helps...
vince

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 10:00 AM

THanks guys, I will check out Creative Cow forums.

For some reason you can't in AE have a Ramp (gradient) applied to the text AND utilise the Stroke effect, the moment you apply the stroke effect it removes the ramp.

@Graphicnovel:
What/where do I find that Dynamic Link thingy?

Cheers guys.
EW

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

graphicnovel ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 5:38 PM

hullo ew, dynamic link is a part of the adobe master suit, meaning one has to have the whole goddammed thing to have it.... it is most usefull if you use more than one adobe program and use them at once, such as ilustrator, photoshop, ae and premiere, (my case) however adobe does have other special packages wtih different prices, I don´t know if the dynamic link is in all of them.... , still check out adobe package. you can message me at any time on msn.
graphicnovel@hotmail.com
hope that helps
vince

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 2:54 PM

Thanks graphicnovel.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 8:43 PM

file_432817.jpg

Try this out. hope it helps- -Lew ;-)

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 8:45 PM

And yes, I REALLY wish there was an AE Forum here at Rendo! It would be VERY nice to share tips, share methods, tuts, even collaberate on projects!

-Lew ;-)

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 9:03 PM

@thundering1
Yay! that's the beuty i'm looking for. Cheers mate.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 9:37 PM

No problem - glad I could help!
-Lew ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.