Fri, Oct 4, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Extended Download Service *lol*

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 9:48 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:21 PM

Obviously CP becomes nuts. If you buy something there you have 30 days to download and then it's gone. If you want to have your download available for the next two years, you have to purchase the "Extended Download Service". This Item is a default item in the shopping cart and has to be deleted manually.

New behaviour in the poser dom :(

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

geep ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:14 AM · edited Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:17 AM

It's a "feature!" :lol:

Let the buyer beware!

Kinda like ye olde booke clube thingie ...
You had to send back the card if you did NOT want the book. 👎

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:14 AM

Quote - This Item is a default item in the shopping cart and has to be deleted manually.

I forget the actual term for that type of thing. But cable companies are famous for doing that. I remember some years ago several new channels were added to the cable lineup and we were given a preview for a period of time.  If you didn't want to be billed for the channels at the end of the preview you have to call the cable company and tell them that you didn't want the additional channels and they would turn off your access to them.

Lots of people got stung with that and ended up being charged for something they didn't want.  Now I think that's actually an illegal practice, at least where I live. Not sure how that applies to the internet though.  

Maybe they don't realize that it's on by default and will make the appropriate change in their programming? Mistakes do happen :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:20 AM

If you want to have your download available for the next two years, you have to purchase the "Extended Download Service."

Don't people know how to back up their files? I can't imagine how CP could sell the Extended Download Service without resorting to trickery. 

I wish Poser hadn't been purchased by a company that is completely clueless when it comes to CG software. Website design obviously isn't one of Smith Micro's strengths, nor is customer relations, apparently.

How can the future be bright when Poser is in the clutches of these penny-pinching stockjobbers? 

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

elzoejam ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:38 AM

I didn't buy there often before, but they seem to just keep getting more and more unfriendly as the years pass. I won't buy from them at all in the future. Who knows what they will do next to inconvenience us? 

-Sarah

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 10:59 AM

Why give something away free when you can charge money for it? :)

My Freebies

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 11:08 AM

America ....land of the brave, home of the fee...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

elzoejam ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 11:17 AM

Quote - America ....land of the brave, home of the fee...;)

:b_funny:

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 2:38 PM · edited Sat, 13 June 2009 at 2:39 PM

Quote - Obviously CP becomes nuts. If you buy something there you have 30 days to download and then it's gone. If you want to have your download available for the next two years, you have to purchase the "Extended Download Service". This Item is a default item in the shopping cart and has to be deleted manually.

New behaviour in the poser dom :(

I noticed that too....

Irritating.

Laurie

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 5:33 PM

I do find it amusing that it shows up automatically for freebie downloads.

Y'know.. to protect your investment and all... :)

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.