Tue, Oct 22, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: e-on watermarks on my render!

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 6:00 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:36 AM

I have used Vue for years and Vue 7 infinite since it was released and never ran in to this.

After installing the 7.4 update  I get a couple of issues.
Every time launching it says "Bad activation number". I have entered the given activation number but it continues arguing about it.

Second thing is I get e-on's water marks all over my renders (probably connected with the activation thingy). 

Anyone else had this? Do I have to uninstall and go back to the build before 429999?
Sigh...

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 7:51 AM

Make sure you are either using "Run as Administrator" or have turned of UAC when entering the activation number.

If you still get the message, you should try reactivating (your INST code may have changed for some reason).

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 8:02 AM

Thank you Noel, that was it!  👍

Installed it as Admin instead and it works fine now. Puh... got a bit "panicky" there for a while.

/me sends hug to noel

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 10:45 AM

Tiny,,
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/tutorials/htm/39.html
points to 2/3rds of the way down the page, "Note to Vista users ;)

Nrudock hit the nail on the head, you have ot run as administrator, get that damnable UAC turned off, ick!! UAC causes problems for many other apps, too!
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 11:19 AM

A better solution is not to install those programs that have trouble with UAC into the "Program Files" tree.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 12:27 PM

Quote - A better solution is not to install those programs that have trouble with UAC into the "Program Files" tree.

In the last, and working, install I selected the'Program files (x86)' instead. I'm glad I did something right in the end. 😄

Thanks silverblade for the link. Will keep it until I forget next time. If I can remember it then... :blushing:
at least I can find this thread when searching. 

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 12:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - A better solution is not to install those programs that have trouble with UAC into the "Program Files" tree.

In the last, and working, install I selected the'Program files (x86)' instead. I'm glad I did something right in the end. 😄

Actually that won't help, as that's a protected directory just like "Program Files" that Microsoft uses as the default location for 32-bit programs in their 64-bit OSs.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - A better solution is not to install those programs that have trouble with UAC into the "Program Files" tree.

Actually that won't help, as that's a protected directory just like "Program Files" that Microsoft uses as the default location for 32-bit programs in their 64-bit OSs.

I see. Ok, so I didn't do it right at the end... typical...
So do you install in another dir of your choice then?

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 1:25 PM

mine is D:E-onSoftwareVue7 or something like that.  Saves a whole world of pain :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 1:35 PM

avoid vista - avoid pain ;)

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

NightVoice ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 1:49 PM

Anybody using Windows 7 RC yet with Vue?

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 2:15 PM

Quote - avoid vista - avoid pain ;)

Perhaps you'd be better off avoiding programs from software houses where "programmers" have not yet understood how Win32 security works, something which dates back to Win NT 3.1, released on July 27th, 1993 (almost 16 YEARS ago).

Bye...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 2:23 PM

Quote - So do you install in another dir of your choice then?

That's the idea, basically anything not beginning "Program Files".
This avoids trouble with programs that need to write to their install directory.

Having said that, Vue writes the activation information to the Windows directory, so you can't avoid running as Administrator on the first launch.

Some programs like Vue also allow you to relocate their content directory (at install time) which can be helpful if you want it on another disk or just not under "My Documents" (and don't want to mess about relocating profiles).

triangle ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 5:12 PM

Quote - Anybody using Windows 7 RC yet with Vue?

Yes and it works fine in my experience.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2009 at 6:11 PM

I am using Windows 7 64-Bit, runs very well, havent had any problems with Windows or running Vue with it. 

Everything runs as it should

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2009 at 12:34 AM

ditto, the two above.

The only problem I have found however that sometimes it is a little too eager to claim a program has crashed/not responding and so sets about trying to close it. 

This would be great normally but occasionally it can be a pain when, for example, vue/lightwave is thinking and it interprets it as having stopped responding.   I can probably turn this off but havent really looked yet :P

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2009 at 2:23 AM

I found that too Rich, like when you go to stop a render, it thinks Vue has stopped working.

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.