Mon, Oct 21, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Felas!!!! Anybody seen this yet !!!!! Cool movie from Daz 3D !!!!!

Prince Ike ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 12:42 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/dp/ads/adsmain.html

Movie : "A New Breed Of Poser". By Daz 3D. Poser 4, Pro Pack and Lightwave combo !!!!. Boy. The clip gets my creative engine churning. Cute. No amaturish special effects and all that sh.#$%^&t. Just good old physical action, camera moves and awesome lighting. Way too cool for Poser 4. I rate it 10 out of 10 :-) !!!!! What do you think?

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 1:19 PM

Yup, I'd also rate it up there. Makes you realize what can be done with Poser and gets the creative juices going. 8^) Marque

atthisstage ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 1:55 PM

I just wonder how much was mocap and how much was pose-to-pose animation. Maybe the good people at DAZ will give us some tech info on the "making of"?

Prince Ike ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 2:19 PM

Yeah, atthisstage. I guess so :-) !!!! Come on DAZ folks. Where are you at?

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 7:11 PM

It about time!! Daz and Curious Labs should heavily promote Poser 4 as a character ANIMATION Tooll with features that make it an excellent choice for aspiring animators to prepare a demo reel . it would expand posers user base and make outsiders realize that there is more to poser than endless still renders of half naked and naked Vicky and posette. Good show DAZ!!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

atthisstage ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 7:17 PM

"make outsiders realize that there is more to poser than endless still renders of half naked and naked Vicky and posette" -- Amen! I mean, c'mon, folks, I like women as much as the next guy... but aren't all the breasts flying around these boards just a tad excessive?

Prince Ike ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 8:33 PM

Yup. AMEN!!

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 11:55 PM

Yeah, how 'bout some naked and half naked ANIMATIONS of Vicki ;-).

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 1:27 AM

rolls his eyes I want my naked and half naked Michael and P4Dork! Which is much easier, since they both have ugly, ugly clothes...

Kreations By Khrys

DAZTechGirl ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 10:08 AM

Prince, Wolf, Stage, et al. Whatcha want to know? Ask away and if I don't know the answers I will find someone who does if you are patient. Thanks, Betsy

atthisstage ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 10:55 AM

I guess my question would be: while watching this, there are places where it appears to be mocap, while there are others where its more likely pose-to-pose (or some other form of artificial movement). Could the makers let us know what percentage of each was involved? I'd be especially interested in finding out where the non-mocap pieces are, since that seems to be where Poser can really demonstrate its animation capabilities. Thanks, Betsy!! Sean

DAZTechGirl ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 12:24 PM

Sean, I just asked Chad, and we actually didn't use any motion capture on this. They took a digital camera into a local dojo and taped two guys (mentioned in the credits) sparring and used their moves for both loose ideas and rotoscoping. If there's interest in this type of thing, I was wondering if DAZ should put together a "Making Of" section on our website with conceptual drawings, storyboards, and other neat things that were used in making this animation or some of the other projects we are currently working on. What do you think? Is this something I should look into? Thanks, Betsy

atthisstage ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 1:11 PM

Hell yeah! If this wasn't mocap, then people will be blown away by what you can do with just the program's tools!

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 5:26 PM

Thats great!! and timely with the release of Final fantasy this week, I recently got" Lifeforms" from Credo interactive and it has powerful animation and rotoscoping tools that i will utilize in my character animation work it is VERY!! compatible with poser4. I think marketing poser as a powerful tool for aspiring animators is a brilliant strategy on the part of Daz and Curious Labs

My website

YouTube Channel

Prince Ike ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 5:27 PM

Sure Betsy. Please any piece of info would be just great for us inquisitive types :-). Also, what other types of hardware and software were used ( ie Mocap, Graphics Card, Processor speed, number of Processors and CPUs, number and type of Rendering Stations, Operation system, Animation and Rendering time, etc. )?. Yeah. I know I may be asking too many question here ( I might as well have been there when it was being made :-)!!!! ), but please, I'm just trying to get an idea of the production work flow in comparison to other packages out there. I just can't stop thinking about what one could achive with Poser, Pro Pack, Mimic and Lightwave within a given time frame and limited budget. Oh please come on, I'm not talking about a Final Fantasy sequel here :-) !!! Just a short, personal 5 - 15 minutes piece with good old character animation, lighting and camera moves. I know a lot of folks would be glad to discover the power they posses today in their desktop computers. I think it's about time Poser is elevated to it's rightful status as a character animation tool and less of a "posing" tool (...though it has it's limitations :-) ) But I believe version 5 would address a lot of those issues. EVERY software has it's limitations but Poser is CHEAP and EASY to animate with. You just get in and go. Everything is set up. There are also avenues for Pros to take more control of their production. I think Poser will storm the industry soon. An epiphany is around the corner. Are we ready? Quite frankly, if there was no Mocap involved in the movie ( like you said ), I take my hat off for those folks :-)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 6:16 AM

I think the number ONE priority for poser 5 should be a new renderer!! I am not talking radiosity or any such high end stuff. We have top of the line detailed human figs ( Vic2 & Millenium man) we our propac. if we could have a render engineand lighting on par with your basic default Bryce render. poser would be a much more popular program in the professional character animation arena

My website

YouTube Channel

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:10 AM

I couldn't see it? I tried different formats but it still would't play !?

Shademaster ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 1:12 PM

yes, I have troubles downloading it, I can only download non readable formats of 200 kb or so.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.