Mon, Sep 23, 1:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:42 pm)

Subject: camera tracking poser 7

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 8:02 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:28 PM

Hello  to you all.

Im trying to set up thr dolly camera to track a figure,that is to say where ever the figure goes the cam follows at a preset distance,is this possible?All help would be appreciated,

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 9:22 AM

Attached Link: SteadiCam

You can try my SteadiCam script. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

creatingimages ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 10:17 AM

Sounds like agreat item. but the link appears to be broken.
Thanks
Steven

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 10:38 AM

Perfect but the link is broken :)thanks anyway

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 11:04 AM · edited Mon, 22 June 2009 at 11:15 AM

Attached Link: Tracker-Cam

There is also my "Tracker Cam". This adds a new camera that will track whatever figure was selected at the time Tracker Cam was loaded. Tracker Cam is not a dolly camera, it is of the same type a the Aux Camera. By default it tracks only the x and z translations of the figure, but can be easily configured to include tracking of other motions, eg y rotation.

Or try this download link for ockham's SteadiCam.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 11:10 AM

Quote - Perfect but the link is broken :)thanks anyway

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/python/SteadiCam.zip

creatingimages ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 11:26 AM

Thanks lesbently
both links worked
Thanks
Steven

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 12:28 PM

Thank you for your kindness,Im working with the tracker now ':)

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 12:41 PM · edited Mon, 22 June 2009 at 12:49 PM

file_433332.gif

Needless to say I highly recommend you use Tracker Cam. Of course I am not in the least biased here. ;)

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 12:48 PM

I havent tried yet but do you think it would be possible to do a 360 roll whilst zooming out with the tracker?
pete

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 1:31 PM · edited Mon, 22 June 2009 at 1:34 PM

file_433342.gif

Yes you should be able to do a 360 roll. By default Tracker Cam has animation turned off and retains the same position relative to the figure throughout the animation, but you can **click on the key icon in the Camera Controls** palette to turn animating on for the camera, then you will be able to zoom it. Tracker cam was intended for human figures, and by default tracks motions of both the BODY and hip actors. If you are using it on a mechanical figure such as a space ship, then it may not have a hip actor, and you would need to implement the motion to be tracked in the BODY actor. Tracker Cam will not work on props. If you need to track a prop it would have to be parented to an invisible figure.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for that,interesting info,actualy Its the tracker i want to zoom and roll? as an end scene leaving characters animated on a walk path?

pete

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 7:18 PM

file_433359.gif

Yes, that too.

TheOwl ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 1:38 AM

If im correct, I tried the tracker cam before but it fails to work on Poser 7.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 7:10 AM

Hi Im working 7 now so Ill let you know as soon as I get to it.But Im sure it will.

pete

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.