Tue, Oct 22, 1:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Frame from my my latest Animation...

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 1999 at 7:13 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: Elric no more...

file_117174.jpg

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I posted anything as I have been experimenting with animation... My anims seem to be in the range of 50-100mb so I guess you won't be able to see them. Here is the last frame from a sequence that I am still rendering... The entire thing is done in 3D Studio max 2.5... The character was made by me in Poser sometime ago. He used to be 'Elric of Melnibone' but I decided he wasn't anymore as I could never get his black runesword to show up well in renders. No I am more worried that Mr Moorcock may come down heavy on me with the copyright...LOL As this is QT video there are no touch ups or post rendering techniques in this image.WSIWYG. Anyway I wish you could see it all... Colm... colm_j@yahoo.com www.darksouls.com/Colm/ www.3dvision03.freeserve.co.uk/

ecockrell ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 1999 at 7:20 PM

Did you bring the OBJ file into 3DSM and then add bones? I've been pondering this idea, but don't have a lot of experience with 3DSM. We have 3DSM and CS at work. If you did I would be interested in the amount of work involved to do this and what kind of results to expect.

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 1999 at 7:26 PM

No that is my next task and I think it will be quite a chore. I will be using Character studio for this as I think it will be the most successfull. I have tried a lot of different methods like morphing but none are satisfactory. In this clip the figure doesn't actually move. It is the camera that does all the movement. I have been putting off learning character studio for a while but I guess it's time... Thanks for your reply.

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 1999 at 9:59 PM

Paul Hafeli has converted his Poser figures to Character Studio successfully. Maybe drop him a line and he can give you a few tips. -Jeff H.

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 1999 at 10:00 PM

Have you tried converting your animations to .mpg format? You may be able to convert them to be small enought to share over the net. The still looks great, I'd love to see how that looks in motion. -JKeller

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 8:40 AM

Thanks Jeff I shall do that... I have an Mpeg converter somewhere and I will try it. I am still in the learning process though and it might be a while before I post. Thanks for your comments... Colm.

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 9:26 AM

heya; very nice! and what's that new animation compression thing that i think codeman was talking about once.... i cant remember :/ it had a name kinda like 'jolt' cola?

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 10:36 AM

Was it 'Bink'?

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 10:43 AM

Bink is a tool used by game makers I believe to show movies. It has tools that allow the movie to be integrated into a multimedia setup or to played as a self-extracting file. It's a cool tool, but from my limited experience it's not as stable as .avi, .mov or .mpg formats. -JKeller

Tartan ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 2:31 PM

Colm, I have said it once and I'll say it again. That is beautiful work. I love the way the textures show up and the way the light from the stained glass flows thru the image. I am betting it is a killer animation. And if that isn't Elric, I wonder what we can call him??? ;)

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 1999 at 2:37 PM

Cheers my friend...:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.