Fri, Oct 4, 2:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Aiko4 won't install to my P7.0. What does Poser TM mean?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 11:27 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:20 PM

I broke down and bought a DAZ character.  The A4 bundle is on sale.

She won't install.  I have the V4 in my Downloads Runtime. 

I next tried changing the path to the Poser 7 folder, but it says it can't find the dependency file.

But, which directory do I need to point the Aiko4. installer file to? 
Do I need to navigate to a specific folder in the runtime library?

I've tried about 15 different locations, but she's never happy.

I could try, but I don't think DAZ would give me a refund.

(I dunno, Michael's cloak can search my whole hard drive for installed files, but the aiko4.exe can't?  It doesn't make sense.)

Thanks.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 11:36 AM
  1. You have to have already installed Victoria 4.  This should be in your MAIN Poser runtime.  Not Downloads, not a V4 runtime.

2.  You have to install Aiko 4 into the same runtime.

Since you have V4 in the downloads runtime, you need to either move her back to the main runtime, or remove the files, and install her to the main runtime.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 11:46 AM

Thanks JenX!!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 11:48 AM

You're welcome :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 11:48 AM

You're welcome :)

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 3:16 PM · edited Fri, 26 June 2009 at 3:18 PM

The simplest thing to do is to choose "DAZ Studio" as the install type, then the installer doesn't perform the pointless check for Poser.exe or the need to fake that file in the desired Runtime.

P7 is quite happy with V4 etc. being in an external Runtime provided the search setting is set appropriately.

The "TM" is just acknowledging that "Poser" is a trademark.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 3:33 PM
Site Admin

Quote - I could try, but I don't think DAZ would give me a refund.

Daz has a 30-day refund policy

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 3:38 PM

I have V4 and A4 in an external runtime....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 10:01 PM · edited Fri, 26 June 2009 at 10:02 PM

I can install V4 and A4 into external rntimes no issues.

What I do is create a fake poser.exe file, but first creating a txt file then renaming it poser.exe and keeping it in a different folder than from my real Poser folder ( warning - if you ever copy that back into your Poser folder, you're doomed ).

Or you can copy the poser.exe file into the external folder of your choice ( probably better to do this).

I then run the V4 then A4 installers, telling them to look for the poser.exe file in that other folder.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.