Mon, Sep 9, 5:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 8:54 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: need ideas on making a game char.

durgus ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 11:05 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:53 AM

im thinking he has a chain sort of weapon inside his body and can slice and dice anyone he comes across  my problem is witch 3d program to do it in and what else can i end to make it look  unique

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:15 AM

Quote - im thinking he has a chain sort of weapon inside his body and can slice and dice anyone he comes across  my problem is witch 3d program to do it in and what else can i end to make it look  unique

First of all, which programs do you use? And secondly I would work on giving the character a bit of a back story first and sketch some concepts. This will help you gain more of an idea as to what the character will look like. If you give the character 'purpose' it will help you make choices such as clothing, build, weapons etc that will make more sense in the end.

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2009 at 8:13 PM

I would suggest deciding how it is attached inside and how it is deployed, that might lead you to concepts regarding physical attributes and complications ie:
*is it coiled in his stomach...if so what happens when he eats etc
*How is it deployed? through a flap? In one loop or sections? (as in one of spidermans' villans Dr octopus) does he swing it around like a mace or does it strangle like a python? (or both)

Is it an intert object or is it alive? does that work with or against your warrior?

*what weaknesses do your decisions infer? Water & Rust? does he sink in water? does it need maintinence? Can it be rendered ineffective by magnetism? These all add a twist like Kryptonite that gives your game a bir o f spice...smile

Also in mention to the back story, is it a weapon he has had inerted (voluntary/involuntry) or was he born with it?

What training did he get to use it ie: military so he is profficent and effective, or taught himself os he is rahter erratic but effictive.

I would say use a program you are familiar with to start with and explore from there.

have fun.
Boofy

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2009 at 4:01 PM

Before you get into modeling something like this, I think  you probably need to get familiar with what game engine it's going to go into and what constraints it has, how its rigging works etc.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.