Mon, Sep 9, 4:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Just got lightwave. need to import poser things

shainandrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 5:25 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:03 PM

well i am haveing a very big problem. i did every thing that the poser to lightwave tutorail said but still it says converter not found. i am useing lightwave 5.5 modler. if anyone knows how it is done pleaaaaassssseee help!!!!

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 5:48 AM

Where did you buy a version of lightwave that old??(5.5) I would suggest making sure all of your import plugins are loaded in the modelor but my experience is with LW 6- 6.5 only and if you get the propack you can export your poser geometries as Native Lightwave objects(.lwo) dont know if this helps

My website

YouTube Channel

zardoz ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:06 AM

AFAIK, the tutorial you've mentioned is for LW 6.x. LW5.x doesn't support UV maps so there is no way to import the texture. Importing the mesh should work fine. Just export the mesh from poser as a *.obj and load it into modeler. Make sure you've loaded LW's import plug ins. Hope that helps Thomas

shainandrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:40 PM

how do i load the import plugins i think that may be my problem i got it from a used software store we have in town

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:06 AM

Did they supply a manual with this used copy?? it should be in the book.

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.