Sun, Sep 22, 1:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Using "gift for" option for another member

jakiblue ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2009 at 11:34 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

If I purchase something for another member using the "gift for" option, would it tell me if that member has ALREADY purchased it? 

If it doesn't, are there many problems if that member already has it, in exchanging or something?

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 3:20 AM

Not sure about the first sentence but I'd guess not!
It would be safest if you adressed the question to the store by e-mail.

The safest way is to look at the members wishlist and purchase the gift from there directly.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 3:46 AM

If you try to purchase something that the other person already has you will get an error message:

We Encountered An Error

We're sorry, but we had a problem processing your request. The error or errors encountered were:

It appears the gift recipient already has this product.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 4:03 AM

Well there you go, you learn something new every day.
Thanks for the info!

If you purchase from their wishlist, that's still the safest bet!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jakiblue ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 6:52 AM

thank you magicmoondesigns and thefixer!

i was looking at her wishlist but she hasn't updated it in a while and there are a couple of new things out that I know she'd love - which is why I wondered about the notification. :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 11:11 AM

Thank you fixer and magicmoon for helping this member out:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.