Mon, Oct 7, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 5.5 + 16-Bit Grey Scale.+ Terrain editor.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 9:03 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 3:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm still slowly piecing my PC Back together since the last crash.

I have installed Bryce 5.5 and when I try to Import a 16-Bit Gray Scale TIF or PSD into the terrain editor, I get a generic error.

Is this a limitation of Bryce 5.5?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 9:20 PM · edited Sat, 11 July 2009 at 9:21 PM

....yyyyyyes? From what I remember, yes. (but, its been a LONG while since I used 5.5)

If memory serves right, I think the only thing I was using until 6.0 was bikermouses "tiffer" to turn my Photoshop .tif's into .pgm's, so I could get 16-bit into Bryce.

AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2009 at 11:52 PM

For now, I converted the image to 8-Bit and was able to bring into 5.5.

I want to install 6.1 but not looking forward to it, I should have burnt my copy to DVD before the crash.  I have to re-download the collection and I think there is a certain order which the files have to be installed in.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2009 at 6:29 AM
Forum Moderator

I think that you install the Bryce.exe first and then the (4?)content files.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2009 at 8:11 AM

I'll have to go back and read my notes, I think there was also an issue with the documentation and the order it was installed in.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 9:44 AM

Someone here made a program called tiffer, which exports 16bit TIF files for bryce... i dont know where it is though.. im pretty sure one of the forum regulars programmed it?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 1:33 PM

I think bryster is correct.  I just looked at my downloaded file of B6 and 6.1.  I'm  pretty sure it is the application file then the presets and content.  The files that have been split into multiple dwnloads are numbered.  example:  content1.exe, content2.exe

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 6:05 PM

This is what I found.

After installing Bryce 6.1

1. Install the presets, starting with Presets1 and continuing through Presets 4.
  2. Install the documentation.
  3. Install the content, starting with Content1 and continuing through Content3.
  4. Install the sample scenes

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2009 at 6:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Well done, Analog!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2009 at 1:50 PM
  1. Back up any presets you want to keep, especially those you saved to the default categories. The title and text fields have been updated to take advantage of the larger fields so you'll want to replace the default presets. You can do this by either copying the preset files to a different location, or exporting them manually from the libraries.

1. When installing:

1. If upgrading from B4 or older, you'll need to upgrade to B5 (still available for free at download.com) and install it before you try to upgrade.

• If upgrading from 5/5.5, using the upgrade version (br_ap009), do not manually remove those programs before installing or you will not be able to install 6.1 without reinstalling 6.0/6.0.1.

• If updating from 6.0/6.0.1, using the br_ap006 files, install the Application file and select to uninstall 6.0/6.0.1 when asked. You can uninstall 6.0/6.0.1 manually but might as well let the installer do it. Either way, you must uninstall 6.0/6.0.1.

1. The install splash screen will have the new "castle" image.

2. Change the install directory from "Bryce 6.1" to "Bryce 6" or browse to where Bryce 6 was installed and select that folder.

3. If you have a version of DAZ|Studio installed that is older than 1.4.16, you'll be asked to update it. B6.1 must have at least version 1.4.16 installed in order to work.

1. Once the application install has completed, make sure you view the readme as it tells you what files to install next, including which ones have to be installed in order for Bryce to work.

1. The readme also lists the extra content included along with instructions on how to load the content into Bryce.

1. Install the presets, starting with Presets1 and continuing through Presets 4.

2. Install the documentation.

3. Install the content, starting with Content1 and continuing through Content3.

4. Install the sample scenes

5. Once you've installed all the preset files (and content and sample scenes), you can copy or import your saved presets back into the libraries.

6. If you have personal presets that you'd like to have take advantage of the longer title and description fields, you will need to export those presets out and then re-import them back into the libraries.

This may help someone, copied from the Daz Bryce forum.

Cheers
GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2009 at 4:27 PM

Thanks.  Saved for future reference.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.