Mon, Oct 21, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: I know you've all heard by now.....

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 10:09 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 8:52 AM

That Poser 8 is ready for purchase I wonder how it will play with Vue? I guess in time we shall see but for now I am not excited about P8 at all to me Vue is a much better program for what I am doing these days and poser pro is working just fine for now.

My Facebook Page

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 10:22 AM

Agree, I've moved on from Poser to Vue as my main tool for rendering despite the err issues!
I only use Poser now for setting up or just creating a figure I need in my Vue environment, a newer version of Poser won't do that any better than what I have already!
I'll hold my cash back for Vue 8.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 10:33 AM

Yes this is how I feel. Poser Pro is working fine for me for creating people and scenes. Vue 8 will take priority. I just don't see the advantages of Poser 8 or Poser Pro 2 in the future.

My Facebook Page

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:37 AM

Did you see the thread that Steve Cooper posted about the upgrade to P8 and inclusion in the Poser Pro2010 beta program? You might want to check that out, as if feature freeze hasn't occurred, this would be a golden opportunity for the Vue community to get in and get things working for the Poser/Vue pipeline before the next major release.

And possible benefits? Both apps utilize wxPython. If the versions match (and enough of the Vue API is accessible), then a python integration may be possible. Oh, I admit it would probably be far more beneficial to animators than still artists....but python based camera tracking, for instance? Light conversion calls? Or if the right calls are exposed, maybe -finally- a particle based weather system. Or metablob based water flows compatible with =both= apps...which would, shall we say, aid in setting up scenes between the two...? Or if the world calls are finally exposed in Vue, actual physics.....

And you might want to check out the new figures and rigging improvements, fixer.....both of which could have a major impact on exactly what and how those figures look like.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 12:00 PM · edited Tue, 04 August 2009 at 12:01 PM

I think we still have a lot of time ahead to choose to upgrade or not. Their offer is for a month only, but I'm pretty sure it will be extended, it always is in these money tight times.
As for me, I rarely use Poser these days, and I already bought tons of content I'm not using, so here goes the 2.5 gigs of P8 content.
They will need to show me a lot more to make me upgrade. A simple new feature list and a "buy now" button just won't do.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 2:32 PM

I'm going to wait too.  First Vue needs to support Poser 8, then I will try it out. 

Between Poser and DAZ studio, I like Poser better and I do want to support the company so they stay in business (heck that's why I bought DAZ Studio).  But, I want a lot of things more than a Poser upgrade right now. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 4:10 PM

Apparently, 7.5 can import P8 figures, saw this thread by Erick Holbrook at registered forums. He pointed Vue to his P8 folder, and everything went well. And if Erick has nothing bad to say about it...it has to be true!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:34 AM

Bruno
lol, Eric is an amazing artist, but..wow...glad to see he's happy now with Vue, at last! ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

impish ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:04 AM

I might upgrade but after having a bad experience with their 28 day refund policy that's left a bad taste in my mouth I may well pass.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:28 AM

Forget about Poser, this is the Vue forum. ;-)

Reading about Vue 8, I almost can't believe how far Vue has come since Vue 2.5, which I started with. It's just amazing these days.

3DNeo ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 12:33 PM

I, like most will likely wait unit Poser Pro 2010 is being shipped before deciding to upgrade. It just does not seem as necessary anymore since all most do is compose their figures in Poser and transfer them over to Vue or another program like C4D. While I do think Poser Pro 2010 will be worth it and will buy it eventually, I am focusing my priorities now in other areas.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

Arraxxon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:49 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:58 PM

Since i use Poser to setup figures or certain other objects available only for Poser and then port them over to Vue for my scenes - can't be done in Vue alone, Poser is a necessary part for a lot of my 3D scenes
And since this upgrade from Poser 7 to P8 came at a reasonable price, i took the chance rightaway.
I don't need a Poser Pro version ... P7 and now P8 fits my needs perfectly.

Good thing about P8 - it's working flawless to right now - it's faster in many ways than P7 and, finally (what i was waiting for desperately) , it got a new library system with a detailed 'search' function and 'favorites' system - a lot easier and faster workflow than before ...

For instance - looking for my beloved T-Rex figures - mmh... where are they again ??
Just go to search - choose 'figure' , 'pose' , 'props' and type in "rex" - and there you see everything appearing, which connects to the search name - and everything i need - i don't need to jump anymore from figure to pose to props to hair or whatever ...

One only problem with Vue - you can't setup directly Poser 8 in the Vue preferences - logically, since it was just released - only the path to Poser 8 can be set.

The problem is, that if i use new content, coming along with the new Poser 8 (besides the 600 MB main program files there are a P8 content file 1.75 GB and legacy content file 1.3 GB) and only belonging to Poser 8 folder, Vue gets stuck sometimes loading, has to be turned off with the task manager. No damage - everything working fine after it, but for some reason, it won't work. Still have to test this more deeply, why it's doing this sometimes and what exact files are causing it ...

Other from that, if i load content from other separate libraries or Poser 7, Poser 6 runtime folders into Poser 8 and work with it - save it and load it into Vue - everything seems to be working fine to right now.

More things to check , so ...

aquiavic ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:58 PM

Quote - I, like most will likely wait unit Poser Pro 2010 is being shipped before deciding to upgrade. It just does not seem as necessary anymore since all most do is compose their figures in Poser and transfer them over to Vue or another program like C4D. While I do think Poser Pro 2010 will be worth it and will buy it eventually, I am focusing my priorities now in other areas.

I saw on Geekatplay you can do that with the FREE DAZ Studio

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 12:50 AM

I agree fixer, i use Poser only for making a character to import to VUE.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:30 AM

I'm sticking to Poser 7 I think.  If I want a GI render engine, I have Vue (amongst others) but it's nice to see Poser finally catching up to the rest of the world :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 9:54 PM

I won't upgrade anything untill a big improvement is made in the program.
Some seem to rush out and snap up every new build, and they're the ones who have the most problems.
Poser 6 is rock solid for me and does everything I need to import to Vue. Why the hell would I pay for an upgrade?

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:27 AM

file_436267.jpg

For the moment I am very happy how the things develop. Everything work as expected. Here in my example the imported figure has Poser shader and dynamic cloth. Poser8 & Vue7.5

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 5:31 AM

Now if only the dynamic hair issues get resolved.....sigh....

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:43 AM

Maybe I am misunderstanding something. But how can you import anything from Poser 8 to Vue if Vue doesn't have the option to find the Poser 8 .exe since it is not in the drop down menu when you want Vue to configure were your poser .exe is?

My Facebook Page

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:54 AM
ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:21 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:22 AM

"Maybe I am misunderstanding something. But how can you import anything from Poser 8 to Vue if Vue doesn't have the option to find the Poser 8 .exe since it is not in the drop down men."

I import through the file-import object method. Which imports a pz3 into your Vue scene.
Does that make sense?

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 9:31 AM

Ahhh now I see thanks!

My Facebook Page

fenyxfury ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 8:41 PM

i for one cant wait to use vue 8...if i had a penny for every session lost due to 7.5's constant crashing i'd be a rich man

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 9:27 PM

The main reason I wanted Poser 8 was for an improved Setup Room, but I hear it’s screwed up again, as always.  

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.