Mon, Oct 21, 11:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: How do make it so chideren dont affect the parent?

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 12:42 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

I have a character that has a posable jaw. It effects the head though. The only way I know, is to turn off bending on the head but then it dosn't smooth into the neck anymore. Is there anyway to quickly fix this in the CR2 file. I read somewhere it was possable.

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 2:26 AM

It'll take some toying [scale/position] with to get perfect... but you could use spherical falloff. -Rob rbtwhiz.com

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 3:24 AM

I thought of that, but the mouth is shut. It would impossable to get the spheres to only surround the jaw. I'll try though.

Lemurtek ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 4:44 AM

Myself, I cheated! For Lionheart, I made a 'buffer zone' group between the jaw and the head called jawhinge. Jawhinge is child of head, jaw is child of Jawhinge, that way the jaw only blends the jawhinge. I don't know if this is the best way, but it seems to work. Bloodsong probably will drop by, look at my post, shake her head and give you a real answer. :) Regards Lemurtek

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:21 AM

I just delete the offending deforming channels from the CR2 (for the jaw). It depends if this is a mechanical jaw or a fleshy one. Flesh needs deformers, but a robot or skeleton jaw does not.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:47 AM

OK Jeff. Delete the offending deforming channels from the CR2. This sounds interesting. Which channels would those be. If it where mechanical I'd probly just turn off bending. Could you tell me a little more about doing this. I've edited alot of CR2s but need a little more info in this area.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 9:02 AM

I don't have a tutorial online, but I think Nerd does at www.nerd3d.com It's the way most Poser eyes are done (which basically are mechanical). If the jaw is not mechanical this wouldn't be a good thing to do, however. -Jeff

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 9:20 AM

I want the jaw to bend. I dont want the head to bend when I rotate the jaw. The upper area of the mouth which is part of the head is bending with the jaw. I think Lemurtek's way is probly the best way to do it.

megalodon ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 11:26 AM

How to make it so the chidren don't affect the parent? easy, send them off to boarding school. Sorry, I couldn't resist! :)

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 11:48 AM

Select your jaw, use your left or right side camera and position it so you have a good profile of the jaw. Switch to outline display mode and open your Joint Editor and select the bend channel from the pulldown. You will now see 4 legs, extruding from the centerpoint, two red lines and two green lines. The area of your bodyparts that come between a red-line and a red-line DOESN'T deform. The area of your bodyparts that come between a green-line and a green-line DOESN'T deform. The area that comes between a green-line and a red-line DOES deform. You'll probably want one of the red-lines and one of the green-lines to be fairly close to each other on the front side, with the redline just bellow the upper lip and the greenline just above the lower lip. Hope this helps.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 2:08 PM

Problem is that the jaw when at its zero setting is slightly up in the top of the mouth. Impossable to get the "legs" as u say to only cut through one or the other.. When i bend the jaw it pulls the top teeth & gums down from the head. I allready fixed the problem, But I cant stop thinking there must be a way to make it so the parent (the head) isn't affected. Thanks for the help all. P.S. To fix it I bent the jaw so it was away from the upper mouth area of the head (bending for the head is checked off. I then exported the jaw only as an obj and then imported it back in to the poser scene. I then replaced the jaw body part with it.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 3:58 PM

heyas; okay, the big secret is this... in the cr2, find the head. (this is much easier with a cr2 editing program!) inside the head are three channels from the jaw. they are called something like twisty_jaw, and i think bendx_jaw (or rotatex_jaw). those are the three 'affector' channels that tell the head to be affected by the rotations of the jaw. delete those branches of the cr2. leave the smoox_jaw (or smooz_jaw, or whichever) in, that's the smooth scaling factor. in fact, you can delete the bend but leave the side/side or twist in, if those work okay.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.