Wed, Sep 18, 6:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 Wardrobe Wizard

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 3:17 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:01 PM

I'm just a little confused. When I try to run the Wardrobe Wizard script, it says (basically) that the module "ww" was not found. Is there something I need to install or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance,
  White Raven

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 4:02 AM

Hmmm, I will have to try that.  Sharen

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:17 AM

maybe the HOTFIX for P8 ..that was afix for WW too ..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:17 AM

Could you please post some more details. You can right click the Python message, select copy then paste it into your message. By what method did you start the script?

Thanks

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 1:01 PM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 1:07 PM

Thank you all for replying. Here is the Python message I get after starting from the Scripts menu at the top of the page in Poser 8:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:GraphicsPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuWardrobe Wizard Menu.py", line 17, in ?
    ww.LoadMenus()
NameError: name 'ww' is not defined

I forgot to add that I have the Hotfix installed, btw.

Thank you in advance,
 White Raven

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 1:22 PM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 1:25 PM

Thanks.

May I please ask:-

Is that a copy/paste of what was in the Python text window or did you copy it manually?
(The posing may have removed formatting.)

Did you install to C:Graphics or did you install then move the application to that location?

Where have you installed your Pose 8 content to?

There is a script below that will auto tell you what is where. Or at least where Poser thinks everything is. If different please let me know.

Again thanks.

###########################################<br></br>
# Python script to find<br></br>
# Poser 8 directory locations<br></br>
#<br></br>
# Save as P8_directory_locations.py<br></br>
# Execute using Poser menu File > Run Python scropt<br></br>
#<br></br>
# Right click the resulting text and select 'copy'<br></br>
# You can then paste into a thread or email.<br></br>

import poser<br></br>
print "Poser application foldern%s" %
os.path.split(poser.AppLocation())[0]<br></br>
print<br></br>
print "Preferences Foldern%s" % poser.PrefsLocation()<br></br>
print<br></br>
print "Temp Foldern%s" % poser.TempLocation()<br></br>
print<br></br>
print "Content Foldern%s" %
poser.ContentRootLocation()<br></br>

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:01 PM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:02 PM

Hi! I copied and pasted directly from the Poser window. I installed to C:GraphicsPoser 8. Poser 8 content is in the Poser 8 directory (I chose to install everything on my first installation from the DVD). I hope I answered everything right, I am assuming you mean the content that came with the DVD.
  Here are the script results (all the backspaces vanished, I hope it still makes sense):

Poser application folder
C:GraphicsPoser 8

Preferences Folder
C:UsersThe Mad TechieAppDataRoamingPoser8.0

Temp Folder
C:UsersTHEMAD~1AppDataLocalTempPoser8.0

Content Folder
C:GraphicsPoser 8

Thank you again,
  White Raven

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:10 PM

OK thanks, yes that does make sence :)

Try starting Wardrobe Wizard by the other method.

Open the Python script window using the Poser menu Window > Python Scripts

In the window that appears click on the Wardrobe Wizard button.

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:46 PM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:50 PM

I'm having some difficulty converting V4 MFD to Cookie in Poser 8. The process goes to 33 percent then I get the following message.

Progress:
33% done. Elapsed time: 0.00 mins. Time remaining: 0.00 mins
Hi res analysis othing_MilWom_V4_AS3_MFD_V4.dat being created, one moment please...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Error!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 5057, in ChooseMenuItem
  File "", line 1, in ?
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 6371, in ConvertToWithGUI
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 398, in Convert
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 3043, in ConvertFrom
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 2138, in Analyze
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 3424, in LoadMorphFile
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 4á4È4HÜ44”ÈÈ”64á44bbܔͼ”¼6þ4á44HÈÍ”ÈHb¼”¥4á4ÈÈ”bÜ”¼Ü64á44bbÍÍHÜ”6áÈbÜ44”ͼͼ-þ44¼¥4á4ÈÜÈ4bÜ44ÈÍH”64á44Í”Í4ÈÜ4Èb6þ4á444ȼb”4͔ͥ4á4ȼ”¼¼Ü”¼64á4ÈÈHHÍH444ÍH6þ4á444ÍͼÈ44

'invalid literal for float(): 4á4È4HÜ44”ÈÈ”64á44bbܔͼ”¼6þ4á44HÈÍ”ÈHb¼”¥4á4ÈÈ”bÜ”¼Ü64á44bbÍÍHÜ”6áÈbÜ44”ͼͼ-þ44¼¥4á4ÈÜÈ4bÜ44ÈÍH”64á44Í”Í4ÈÜ4Èb6þ4á444ȼb”4͔ͥ4á4ȼ”¼¼Ü”¼64á4ÈÈHHÍH444ÍH6þ4á444ÍͼÈ44'
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have no problem in reverse, in that I can convert Cookie clothing to V4!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:51 PM

I have an earlier V4/V4.1 plugin, would that be the cause?

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:53 PM

Ususal cause for that is incompatible (WW1) or corrupted support or morph analyses files.

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 3:00 PM

I bought WW2 when it was first releasd together with V4 addon. I unzipped V4 addon into Poser 8 WW data folder. It's possible that it's an older WW1 version  - do I need to download the latest version of V4 dat file??

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 3:04 PM

There has been an update since then. If you would like to email me with your purchase details I'll be happy to set up a new download for you.

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 3:08 PM

I have already sent it! :)

Thanks Phil!

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 5:27 PM

PhilC, I tried to run the script from the other location (the menu), but it is not there. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help!

Thank you in advance,
  White Raven

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:01 PM

I forgot to mention that ever since I installed Poser 8, I have been getting two errors on startup of Poser 8 - something not loading in mainbuttons and Wacros. Could that be the culprit? Smith Micro had said the errors shouldn't affect the operation of Poser 8, which is why I never mentioned it.

Thank you in advance,
  White Raven

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 7:38 PM

If mainbuttons.py is not there (or Poser can not find it), then there is something wrong with your installation. My first reaction would be to suggest to uninstall from C:Graphics the reinstall using the default installer settings. This will put it within C:Program Files. Other than that you may want to go to SM's customer support.

When Poser is installed it sets flags so that it knows what modules went where. It looks as though these flags have got lost so Poser can not find the Python library. If it were me I'd reinstall.

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 8:57 PM

Thanks, PhilC! I reinstalled and everything seems to be working now! :)

Thanks again,
  White Raven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.