Fri, Sep 20, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: BUYING POSER 8 -- BEWARE!!!

starlight64 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 1:41 AM

Ok everybody.
I am downloading now. I have a 1mbps connection. Normally I get dl speeds from 70-100k or so. It is going between 30-40k about 65% of the time. 30% of the time it is getting down in the 20's or lower. The other 5% it actually go's up over 50. lol. It's showing me at 13% complete of the first 600+ mb file w/ between 4-5hrs to go! What the Heck? Normally I can DL a 500mb file in a little over an hour.

So, unless everyone is still getting it like they were at the start (in the middle of the night, no less), I'd guess that smithmicro's downloader is crap.

I should have ordered the hardcopy. It probablly would have arrived sooner than this DL will!

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 3:11 AM

Make sure you are not Scanning on Download and that you are not using a Download Accelerator. I just did a test from the Server and was over 700

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.