Mon, Sep 23, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What have I been up to?

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 5:49 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 4:43 PM

file_436697.jpg

So hey gang. First, I want to welcome the new mod Daidalos.

Now I have been super ultra mega silent with the kung fu grip of late. The reason is pretty simple, I work too much. However, my bosses at Smith Micro finally released Poser 8 and I can post some of the things I did in the app. I'll also take this time to post some of the models I did during lunch breaks, late nights and early mornings just for kicks.

First up.  My Poser 8 contributions. They are few.  While I wasn't asked to model the humans, I was asked to create the facial expressions for Alyson, the Poser 8 female.  Hopefully I did a good enough job that I can move up and work on the humans  in the future. Fingers crossed. Here's an example of her expressions.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 5:58 AM

file_436698.jpg

I was allowed to work on the Mannequins though. Yup, they're all mine (with a nod to Andy Loomis). Anyway, here they are in all their glory and the dog I also modeled for P8.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 5:59 AM · edited Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:00 AM

file_436701.jpg

Here's a couple of things I did also.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:01 AM

file_436702.jpg

And this.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:02 AM

file_436703.jpg

Here's the original base mesh for Logan. As you can see, not a whole lot was done in ZBrush...mostly just color. The rest was all done in Silo.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:05 AM

file_436704.jpg

Here's one I did for a fun challenge at the Silo forums. It was nice to get away from the morphing I had to do for Alyson's expressions (those had to be done and redone alot - mostly fighting with the mesh).

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:07 AM · edited Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:07 AM

file_436705.jpg

This is another model I did over a weekend. Mostly it was redoing the head, hands and feet of an earlier model and then adding clothing. Modeled in Silo and rendered in Modo 401.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:15 AM

file_436706.jpg

Lastly...not really sure if I mentioned it before but oh well ... I came up with this guy too.

In between all that, I did the box art for Anime Studio Pro6, some of the characters for Anime Studio. I worked on a bunch of Manga Studio projects to bring to the San DiegoComic Con and Siggraph 09 conventions and I've been trying hard to expand my toolset.  Hopefully I'll get to do the main figures for Poser Pro whenever that comes out. Until then, I'll be doing whatever they throw at me. So come on gang, post what you've been up to these last few months. You can either post it here or post it in your own thread, just get to posting!

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:19 AM

It's JJ !!

Wow so you did him eh ?

Cool.

Eternal Hobbyist

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 6:26 AM

Thanks. Yeah. There's a whole cast of characters (villains, love interests, etc.) for him too but I don't know when I'll get to them.

airflamesred ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:44 PM

great stuff love the anorexic dog!

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:59 PM

Thanks. Yeah, he's a bit on the thin side, lol. We didn't have a whole lot of time to get the models ready for launch. I wanted to do a hole mess of body morphs too so you could reshape him in a similar vein to what they did with the characters. Oh well. Next time (or maybe for a content updater).

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 6:01 PM

Hi Teyon

I think your work is really brilliant. Smithmicro should let you make more thingies for Poser.

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 12:03 AM

Thanks. Well, everyone has to prove themselves I guess. I think I managed okay.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 12:34 AM
Online Now!

Quote - Hi Teyon

I think your work is really brilliant. Smithmicro should let you make more thingies for Poser.

Seconded! Is there a petition somewhere that we could sign? :laugh:

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 2:46 AM

Thanks gang. Sadly, no place to petition but Cooper's been pretty clear he wants me more involved in the future.  So I'm a happy camper.

Daidalos ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 5:54 AM

Hey teyon that is some really great work. I especially like the crab alien thing. :lol: Yeah I know I'm weird with the aliens and all.....

"The Blood is the life!"

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 4:27 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2009 at 4:27 AM

Thanks! I love aliens and monsters. :)

Here's one I did Monday night.

manoloz ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:30 AM

You should sell modelling video tutorials, Teyon.
The Teyon Workshop Collection (as opposed to gnomon workshop)

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 9:32 AM

Quote - You should sell modelling video tutorials, Teyon.
The Teyon Workshop Collection (as opposed to gnomon workshop)

Seconded. 😄

Y'know, I look at some of Teyon's stuff and I think, "Wow, I gotta get ZBrush, so I can do that, too!" And then I remember to do a reality check, and think, "But first, I gotta get some talent..."

:lol:

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 10:38 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2009 at 10:39 AM

<<< seconded >>>
and thirded. :-)

I'm hesitating myself about learnning another (sculpting) software. While I'm certainely far below from Teyon's skills, I think that time is the commodity I tend to lack the most.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.