Sun, Oct 6, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Stripping Inj's from a CR2 - How?

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:29 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:34 PM

Okay. I know how. Sure.
But I don't particularly want to go through gazillion lines of text. :)

Here is the thing.

I use M4 already injected, but half the stuff the injects add, I don't actually need. (Tongue, anyone? I don't usually use the tongue, or teeth...)
Mina - I don't need the female morphs. At all. Ever. But they are added by the inject, whether I want them or not. (Love the product, hate that this isn't split up)
RDNA uber morphs, yeah, I don't use all of them, but I do use some of them rather frequently.

I want to split the body morphs from the head morphs, too.
Not to mention, with the RDNA morphs you have to inject them in a certain order, or they don't show up. (Hence I make a CR2 and just load that, save myself the hassle of not being able to use a certain set, because I didn't inject it at the right time.)

Then there's Hiro. Freak 4. Morphs++
That file is HUGE if you fire all of that in, and it's a waste when you only use half of it, the rest... not.
Then I'd like to group the stuff properly, too.

Anyway.
I have IPB, but I've never really used it.
Is there something else out there, which will load the fully loaded CR2 and let me mess with it, deselect dials I don't want, and save it out again, without them?

(Please say yes. PLEASE say yes...)

Silke

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:35 AM

Well, it's a PITA, but you can go down thru the list on the parmeter dial and delete the morphs you don't want and then save your Mike back to the library.

You can also arrange your morphs into categories there.

Laurie

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:44 AM

I know, I was kinda hoping there's a tool which lets me delete them in batches. :/

Silke

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:53 AM

Attached Link: Morphography downloads - Utilities

There are Poser file editors and utilities that will make deleting things from a CR2 file much easier such as CR2Editor, Morph Manager (at Morphography) or Poser File Editor (available in the market place).

One thing with Morph Manager is it will not see Body Channels CR2 files.  However, it will see them for PZ2 file so you can trick it by changing the extension of you rCR2 file temporarily to PZ2.

Chris Cox

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:04 PM

You know the worst part?

I've just started to build a new one, removing the dials by hand...

You can't delete the Mina morphs, nor the Freak4 Body morphs, once they are injected (not individual ones, anyway)

BAD BAD BAD!!!

Silke

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=34576

svdl did a script to remove unused morphs, see attached link.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:14 PM

I'm not sure if they do everything you want, but there are "Morph Cleaner" Python scripts that automatically strip all unused morph dials from a figure. Then you can re-save the figure cr2.

The one I have is in SVDL's free stuff.

It reduces file size an incredible amount, so I guess it's what you're looking for? not sure

(x-post!)

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:34 PM

No, that's not it. Because in the clean CR2 all the dials are 0.000. I don't want to strip unused dials, I want to strip dials selectively, then save the CR2, so I don't have to go through the rigmarole of injecting everything again, in the right order, every single time.
(I hate, hate HATE HATE HATE Daz for this, btw.)

I don't want a 200mb file, just because every morph is loaded, when I don't use half of them.
I have a bunch I use a LOT, but they are from 5 different packages, all of which insist you have every morph in the package in there. (Base, Morph++, Enhanced, Ultra, Freak and Hiro, possibly even the Byson injects)
It's totally pathetic.
The base M4 loads with all the teeth and tongue morphs, and I can think maybe of 2 instances where I've actually used them. Hence I don't even want them in the CR2, they only inflate it more. Maybe not by much, but every dial in there makes it just that little bit heavier... and before you know it the thing is 150mb in size.

Then you get something like the Ultra Morphs, which have to be loaded after base, but before Morph++, or they don't inject.
Sod that, you know?
I like the morphs, but I could do without the "Oh oops it didn't create the channel" every time.

Silke

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:53 PM

The programs that I mention will allow you to go through the CR2 file and selectively clean it up much easier than inside Poser

Chris Cox

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:02 PM

CR2Edit crashes on the file size :/
Morphmanager says it removes them, but when I load the figure I save, the morphs are still there. :/
I have a feeling I'll be hacking a text file again. Argh.

Silke

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:11 PM

Quote - No, that's not it. Because in the clean CR2 all the dials are 0.000. I don't want to strip unused dials, I want to strip dials selectively, then save the CR2..

Ah, I see. 

Well, the Morph Cleaner script might still be useful, because it allows you to specify morphs that you do not want to be stripped even if they are zeroed. This is done with figure-specific parameter text files, listing the internal names (I think) of the required morphs.

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:24 PM

Hmmm I'll have to try that. :)

Silke

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:30 PM

Scratch that, it won't run for me.
I don't install anything in the regular runtime, so the script won't work. :)

Am I the only one who saves their CR2's and loads figures from that?
Everyone goes through injecting everything, every time?
(That would drive me mad lol)

Silke

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quote - Scratch that, it won't run for me.

Am I the only one who saves their CR2's and loads figures from that?
Everyone goes through injecting everything, every time?
(That would drive me mad lol)

CR2 Editor (not to be confused with CR2 Edit) generally works for me.  But I've learned that really large files can take some time to load and switching to another program while its loading can hang it.

Also I have no problem with Morph Manager but you have to use the renaming trick and need to be sure to delete the controls for the FBMs from the body along with the morphs.

Chris Cox

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:07 PM

I'm going through it again, one by one. And it is a royal pain in the butt.
I noticed it wipes out all Groups as well, so the file I did have, with the groups (ie. Mina) is now one long list of morphs.

I think I'm going to go back to the old text editor for this, it's too much hassle and it makes more of a mess than it does any good, if I then have to reset all the groups again. :/

But yeah... if anyone needs a project...
Being able to load a CR2, remove or group morphs easily... oh boy. I'd be so there.

Silke

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:13 PM

Quote - Scratch that, it won't run for me.

It does not matter where the script is. It does, however, need to have the exceptions file for your specific figure in the same folder as the script, or you'll get an error. The ReadMe says it does not need to be there, but it does for me (and others who have used it).

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 4:16 PM

Hmmm
I tried putting an M4 one in and it still complained. :/

Silke

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 10:49 PM

Doesn't DAZ3D sell an INJ-REM utility which allows you to build a FBM version or the character, and include only those morphs you want to INJ-REM ?  Thye have M4 and V4 updates for it as well.

Eternal Hobbyist

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 12:41 AM

Beyond a doubt, THE BEST utility for CR2 editing is Poser File Editor, by Dimension 3D. It's available in the marketplace.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 3:49 AM

The Poser Pocket Knife can selectivly remove morphs.

http://www.philc.net/PoserPocketKnife.php

Scroll down to "Delete Morphs and Materials"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.