Fri, Sep 20, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Is there a manual with Poser 8 in the Box ?

peterpan ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 2:55 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

I really really hate pdf manuals, can`t take it to bed and have a good read . So is there an in your hand manual that comes with Poser 8 or just a pdf on a disk ?????

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 3:24 PM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 3:32 PM

Sorry to disappoint you. Different SM employees have answered this question in the forums. There is no printed manual available for Poser 8. If you want it in printed format, you will need to print the PDF manual yourself.

lmk

[Edit] Come to think of it, almost any office/copy store (like Kinkos) could print and bind a PDF manual for you. If you shop around, you might find a place that would be about as reasonable as buying a manual from CP. Just a thought.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:23 PM

When I enquired directly, Steve Cooper implied that SM might consider offering a printed manual for some nominal fee, if there were sufficient demand.

I don't think enough of us are demanding.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:54 PM

there was sposeta be a manual in the box, but maybe they quit shipping 'em.  it is not a printed version of the pdf file.

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:28 PM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:30 PM

There will be no Manual in the Retail Box. The Printed Manual was the same as the PDF Manual, though the PDF Manual may have updates added. This is an attempt to be a bit Greener.

The current Physical Product is a DVD Case, not a Box. (I like the DVD Cases... they fit better in my FireLocker)

For those wanting a Printed Manual, if you do not have your own Printer that can handle the job of Printing a PDF File of that size, Many Printing Companies offer the service and will bind the Printed Manual for you as well.

ratscloset
aka John

FightingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 10:34 PM

Quote - There will be no Manual in the Retail Box. The Printed Manual was the same as the PDF Manual, though the PDF Manual may have updates added. This is an attempt to be a bit Greener.

Coming from a business perspective on what I see with other companies. Many are trying to cut costs and be "Green" by only printing or using paper when necessary.  I can understand why they don't print  out manuals. I can also understand what i feels like not having a physical model.  Come to think of it I think there are digital readers out there. That will allow you to read in bed. It's like a book but reads digital files.  I guess now I have a reason to buy one.

Frederick
Poser By Design

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 2:38 PM

Way back in the Seventies, the character sheets in RPGs, and other record sheets for other sorts of games, were printed with a permission to copy for personal use.

In recent years Print-on-Demand services have reached the point of competing with conventional printing on price. The places which do this are rather keen on being sure they don't fall foul of copyright, just as photocopy shops did in the Seventies.

If I want to have a .pdf manual printed and bound, in there an explicit grant of permission I can point to?

(Not that I want to, unless the content has improved a lot.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.