Sat, Oct 5, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: p8 runtime

shadowrelm ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:05 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 3:25 AM

the default runtime for poser 8 seams to be in a different location than the root program. for the most part this isn't a problem except with my M4 and V4 characters. when i try to install them into p8's default runtime i get the message that they need to go into the runtime with the root program. when i open P8 I can't use them since it is looking in it's default location. How can I change where P8 wants to look for my downloaded content? change it to the runtime in the root folder?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:26 PM

I had a simular problem, don't know if this is the same as what you are experiencing or not.

When you install you have a choice of runtime folder locations, this is where you want to pay attention. I'm not sure of exactly how it gets worded there but there are explainations for each loaction.

Let us know if tyhis doesn't help.

Comitted to excellence through art.

shadowrelm ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:32 PM

no i found where it wants me to put everything so i can load just about everything i have but the main characters.  the default runtime is c:documents and settingsall usersshared documentsposer 8 contentruntime.

it wants to install the m4 and v4 characters in the poser 8 root folder in
c:program filessmith microposer 8runtime.

the problem is i can see all the stuff i install when i put it in the location at the top but when i install to the root folder location i can't find the daz people. 

how can i change where poser 8 looks for its runtimes?

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:36 PM

Create a text File called Poser.exe in the Parent Folder of the Runtime Folder and the DAZ Installer will be happy.

ratscloset
aka John

shadowrelm ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:40 PM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:41 PM

thats it????
is daz installer that stupid

raven ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 10:23 AM

As has been said, the installer is looking for a file called Poser.exe. To get around this, when you run the installer, choose the DAZ|Studio option, it installs the exact same Poser files, it just doesn't look for a Poser.exe, it lets you browse to where you want to install.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.