Thu, Oct 3, 11:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Camer zoom problems with Poser

renderclipps ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2009 at 10:56 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

Hi
I'm trying to zoom in and out using the main camera hand tools in the camera tools section but can only go left/right and up/down
I've closed poser and restarted but same problem

The only way i can zoom is by using the z on the parameter dials
any ideas anyone?

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 12:15 AM

Try saying "camera man, zoom it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVTORdZ6mc

renderclipps ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 6:52 AM

Quote - Try saying "camera man, zoom it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVTORdZ6mc

No more stupid answers please

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 7:24 AM · edited Tue, 01 September 2009 at 7:26 AM

Your camera is probably orientated in such a way that it is pointing downwards. Open the Parameters Pallet for the camera and set the zOrbit, xOrbit, and yOrbit to zero. Or use the Track Ball to change the orientation.

If that's not the problem you may need technical support.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 10:03 AM

The hand tools for camera settings only pans your scene either left-right, up-down while keeping your camera stationary.  Use the track ball to rotate the camera or the directional 'cross' above that to move your camera Z, X directions.  True zooming while maintaining camera position can only be performed using the Focal Length parameter for the Camera pallet.  I would show you more detailed images but currently I am not at my own computer.

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 11:43 AM

file_438494.jpg

Here here is what the various controls are supposed to do.

renderclipps ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 12:25 PM

hmmm
seems to be an intermitent fault, i remember this happening once before but a restart cured it.

In Lesbentley's picture, it's the hand sign in a cross "Dolly along x &/or z""

I thought it might have been an error in the "preferred state" setup

Thanks for the advice all but i'm stumped if it happens again

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 2:02 PM

It was meant to be humorous.  If you don't like it, take the words of my HS English teacher "TS baby!"

BTW, check your mouse drivers.  When I had problems with Poser zoom, it turned out to be faulty mouse drivers.

Now, cameraman, ZOOM IT!

Doran ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 5:09 PM

Actually, he's having a problem and trying to get an answer so your humor was poorly timed and unnecessary, not helpful in the least.

To the OP, check to see if your camera is slaved to a componant within the scene. It probably is not but you never know. Such a thing can cause camera weirdness.

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 8:05 PM

"Actually, he's having a problem and trying to get an answer so your humor was poorly timed and unnecessary, not helpful in the least."

You want to say that joke, tell it Nikolai.  Nikolai like joke.  I serious guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbLKHk6WbRQ

renderclipps ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 10:14 PM

the problem occured in the default scene so i don't think its a slave issue but thanks for everyones help and advice

flibbits are you on hard drugs?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.