Wed, Oct 2, 9:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Now that C4D 11.5 is out...

toulouse2k ( ) posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 3:40 PM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

....I wonder if there will be an updated Poser Pro plug-in? Of course. maybe I'll get really lucky and the present plug-in will work.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 12:55 AM

Very doubtful.  The C4D SDK updates are rather deep from R11 to R11.5, including materials.  I need to update pretty much everyone of my C++ plugins because of them.  The Poser Pro 7 plugin will not likely work.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 2:06 AM

I'm still trying to decide if I should do the 10.5 to 11.5 upgrade, or wait for 12 ... never got 11!  But one thing is for sure, I am a happy InterPoser Pro customer. 8-)

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 4:26 AM

Quote - Very doubtful.  The C4D SDK updates are rather deep from R11 to R11.5, including materials.  I need to update pretty much everyone of my C++ plugins because of them.  The Poser Pro 7 plugin will not likely work.

I agree very doubtful, those poser "hosting" plugins are always broken by even by the slightest upgrade  of the target Application. and wont like be updated anytime soon

which is why you need a true conversion Solution like IPP.
I  personally will be skipping R11.5  as those  "new" Dynamics in mograph are Moot to me as i use Realflow4  for my HBD.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

toulouse2k ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 7:43 AM

Not the greatest news...but I still have C4D 11 so I'll just leave both on the drives. I like 11.5 for the ease of Mograph 2 (huge improvement, dynamics are fast and easy), improved Clothide, and the improved rendering (somewhat) because of the buckets. I suppose the plug-in will come with the Poser-Pro 2010.

Anyway I also have Vue , I assume they'll want to crank that one out ASAP because a lot of their promotion is tied to the interactivity of the program to Maya, Lightwave, Max, C4D etc. Poser, not as much...it is more of a bell or whistle...plus Poser 8 improved rendering setup and cloth room make it less necessary to go into C4D for rendering.

Disclaimer: All opinions stated above, with $2, will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.