Mon, Sep 9, 4:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 3:56 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: June Challenge - CAN YOU SEE IT?

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 20 July 2009 at 1:35 AM

I have send 2 in and I prefare the first on page 1, golden on black called :
"Hitten in the Dark. What do you see?"

ligt ( ) posted Mon, 20 July 2009 at 5:27 AM

helanker- hitten in the dark-3 points
bentchik- face 1- 2 points
hauksdottir- smotherhood- 1 point

tough choices this time!
monica

mcw1917 ( ) posted Mon, 20 July 2009 at 12:02 PM

What a strange topic!! (LOL) But some fascinating responses....
Here's my vote:

helanker, "Hitten in the Dark" = 3 points
hanksdottir, "Smotherhood" = 2 points
ligt, "Grass Monkeys" = 1 point

Thanks to everyone who took this challenge....
Best,
mcw1917 -- Peggy

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 20 July 2009 at 12:21 PM

Here is my vote

Benchick     - Face 1                             -  3 points
SusiQ          - The painting                   -  2 points
Katanas:     - Butterflies are free        -  1 point

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2009 at 11:33 AM

Please have a bit of patience with me.  My computer is in the shop for repair and I don't have my tools on this loaner, so I will just leave the voting open for another couple of days.  I will be checking in on the forum meanwhile.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

Katanas ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 2:47 AM · edited Fri, 31 July 2009 at 2:47 AM

My votes: good luck everyone..

bentchick - "face 1" - 3pts

mcw1917  - "birth of a dragon" - 2pts

susiQ - "the painting" - 1 pt

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 9:10 AM

These were delightufl - so creative!

Bentchick:  Face 1                     3  points
helanker: 2nd entry (has 3)       2 points
mcw1917:  birth of a dragon     1 point

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hello  Digital_Mischief.
I am sorry, but I said earlier, that i myself prefare to use the first and it wouldnt be fair that I can have 2 pictures in this challenge. So i am afraid this wont go.

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 9:30 AM

Tough voting.... so many wonderful entries and such variety!!!

helanker - 1st submission - 3 points
SusieQ - The painting- 2 points
mcw1917 - Mid-Eastern Marketplace- 1 point

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and votes on my tree face, I'll have to post a couple in my gallery!!!
Good luck everyone!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

mcw1917 ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 10:43 AM

I really appreciate the votes ...  thanks, guys!  All the submissions were such fun.  Good luck to all the participants.

three_grrr ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 11:54 AM

ligt - "grassmonkys" - 3
hauksdottir - "smotheres" - 2
suziq - "the painting" - 1

I had such a hard time deciding .. I wanted to give each of you a 3 because each had something i really loved about it, LOL, I hate voting for that reason. Which one .. oh dear, which one to vote for??? Sigh .. 

What a fun topic this has been!
Thank you!!

three_grrr ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 11:58 AM

I think I may be late with my votes .. we've been gone and I'm so far behind and I forgot to look when the sitemail came and all that. Sorry about that if I'm late.
Rita 
PS: I hope you've been able to resolve your pc issues Viv!

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 12:33 PM

There is no limit to how many images a person can submit.   I know that this can sometimes be difficult, but really the reason for a challenge is to get people enthused and inspired to use their creativity.  I have always been surprised at how others see some of my own work, they see things in it that I might never have noticed :)

~Viv

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 31 July 2009 at 7:51 PM

Maybe I can sneak my votes in over the transom...

3 pts: Helanker..... "Hidden in the Dark"  first image (golden)
2 pts: SuziQ..... "The Painting"
1 pt:  mcw1917..... "Birth of a Dragon"

This was an extremely creative challenge!  And everyone pulled layers of imagery together for this one. :)

And Viv, sorry for your computer troubles.  My Mac is still dead, but the PC is finally rebuilt.  They're always a source of trouble, but without them, how would we communicate?  I hope your beastie gets fixed and back home soon.

Carolly

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 1:50 AM

Good "my" morning.  :-)

OK Viv, then I have misunderstood the whole music. Silly me.
First I didnt think there even was a vote. Often we have funny challenges without votings and i must have mixed them up. Later after reading this:
If someone has posted more than one entry, you need to indicate which is your choice.
I misunderstood AGAIN and thought that we could sent 3 or more pictures in but had to chose which of them should be the final for voting.  Maybe I am good at writing english, but I am certainly not good at reading and understanding  LOL !  I am sorry :-)

I just think this is fun, with or without votings. There are so many exiting images to enjoy.

Helle

FractalForum ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 5:21 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:21 PM

I do agree with you, Helle, about it being fun!  I'm so sorry that my computer is still in the shop, i probably should have chosen a different shop!  I will try to find access sometime today to count and post a winner who will then choose the August challenge!

I will try to think of a better way to phrase that post about the multiple entries!  Thanks for calling that to my attention. :biggrin:

~Viv

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 5:53 AM

I am really sorry that  you must go so long time and wait for your computer. it must be quite frustrating. I think I had gone bananas.
I hope you will be able to get it very soon.  Dont worry about this voting. It can wait until you are ready for it. You have enaugh troubles witdrawelling.  (dont know if it is spelled correctly, LOL !)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2009 at 4:22 AM

Viv?

Do you have your computer back yet?

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 11:44 PM

First of all, many thanks for your concern!  I am well, but am still living with the nightmare of nightmares, a bad hard drive which we are struggling with, hoping to save all my data, including many months worth of image files and the base files for most of my textures.  It is very slow going, and in the meanwhile I have the occasional loan of a computer here or there.  It's quite frustrating for me, because the loaners are typically old and have unsupported OS, which means they are slow and also don't have any of the software I am used to.  This weekend may be the make or break point, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

This was a difficult and fascinating challenge, I really enjoyed seeing such cleverly hidden images!  The images were all so well done, everyone deserves a cheer!

Here is the count:

Tied for seventh place, with 1 points: Katanas' 'Butterflies are free' and mcw1917's ' Mid-Eastern Marketplace'

In sixth place, with 2 points:  helanker's second entry

Tied for fifth place, with 4 points: ligt's 'Grass Monkeys' and mcw1917's 'birth of a dragon'

In fourth place, with 5 points: hauksdottir's 'smotherhood'

In third place, with 8 points: SusiQ's 'The painting'

In second place, with 11 points:  bentchick's 'face 1'

In first place, with 12 points: helanker's 'hitten in the dark'

Congratulations to everyone!  I can't wait to see what the next challenge will bring!  helanker, please let me know what you want to challenge for September.

~Viv

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 2:00 AM

Thank you everyone.

I am very honoured that it was my image,  that was the winner. Thank you very much.  Congratulations to all too :-)))  It was a fun challenge.

I will try to come up  with a new challenge. I just have to (try) to think a bit first :-)

Helle

ligt ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 3:41 AM

great fun, this challenge!
monica

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 5:30 PM

Excellent images... a lot of imagination was expressed and curious eyes and minds could wander freely.  Especial congratulations to helanker. :)

Viv,

I understand about the computer, believe me, I do.  My trusty old G4 is belly up with what is probably a bad hard drive (the error message is vague, but the trouble-shooting CD can't find it).  ALL of my Photoshop files, ALL my Bryce files, ALL my Poser files, ALL my digital photographs... inaccessible.  I need to do some art, and I can't.   :(   If I wasn't already living with a migraine, this would give me one. 

I hope that some Igor in a lab can bring your computer's brain back to life.

Carolly

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 9:51 PM

Attached Link: New Challenge!

Go and have a look at the new challenge that helanker has set for us!!

~Viv

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.