Fri, Sep 20, 6:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:17 pm)

Subject: P8 : How to organize the runtime list?

simontemplar ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 3:50 AM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 7:03 PM

I am redoing my runtime from scratch since my leap to P8, with one seriously annoying drawback:
I add runtimes for every category of items as I see it fit, but the runtimes list does not organize alphabetically at all. Is there a way to do it?

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 4:05 AM

Edit the Library.xml

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

hemi426 ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 4:30 AM

Cool tip! I had the same problem.
But the name of the file is LibraryPrefs.xml (at least on my system)

NoelCan ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:23 AM

I have stopped using poser8 because of library problem,  program crashes every time I try to acess the poses folder...

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 7:32 AM

NoelCan,

I hope you have reported your problem to SM. They are not mind readers, nor are they able to read every thread.

If you don't tell them what's different about your system or files, then it will never be fixed, because I and the other beta testers have no problem using poses without crashing.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

simontemplar ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 5:46 PM

JimTS, I can't seem to find a Library.xml ... where would it be located please? :)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 5:55 PM

On Vista:

C:UsersAppDataRoamingPoser8.0LibraryPrefs.xml

On XP:

C:Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataPoser8.0LibraryPrefs.xml

On Mac:

I don't know.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

simontemplar ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 2:24 AM

Cheers :) Found it. The list is a bit tricky, I guess I'll just wait my whole list of runtimes is up before swapping them in the XML, but from a timid attempt, it seems to work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.