Fri, Sep 20, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:25 pm)

Subject: Moetan E-Frontier toon figure

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 12:01 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:28 PM

Attached Link: http://graphic.e-frontier.co.jp/poser/moetan/

The character looks a lot like NearMe, but that figure has its own page [graphic.e-frontier.co.jp/poser/near_me/](http://graphic.e-frontier.co.jp/poser/near_me/)

It's a shame that E-Frontier never poserized Fei Fei
www.oneinchpunch.net/2008/06/24/japanese-idol-stars-of-the-cg-screen/
This is an even more attractive Japanese figure than Miki.

I found Fei Fei in a beautiful sale book I bought, Virtual Beauties 2020. Sadly, the book's links are mostly dead. E-Frontier no longer has a page devoted to the character.

The one figure they did poserize was Yuki Terai. Terai is supposed to be the best known CG idol in Japan according to the book. It also says that Terai has appeared on TV, trading cards, photo books, music CDs, videos, DVDs, and Playstation 2 software. The book listed an official Terai Yuki site, but it's no longer available. Some of the site can still be seen in the WayBack Machine
web.archive.org/web/20010517051334/http://www.teraiyuki.net/
There's a gallery of her on her creator's website
www.kutsugi.com/index.html
[which also has a very cool M3 oriental morphed image]

I hadn't expected to find any Poser figures in the book and didn't realize how well known some of the characters were in Japan.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 12:42 AM

If one were very determined and had a lot of images of Fei Fei from different angles, and a lot of time, one could make Miki into Fei Fei, since they are essentially the same base mesh.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 1:05 AM

(Fei Fei came free with Shade 8 for me - back when Shade and Poser were still under one roof)

Eternal Hobbyist

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 1:45 AM

All I have is Shade LE that came free with Poser 6 early adopters I think. I've never even installed it.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 3:24 AM

I just checked the Fei Fei link from gagnonrich's post.

MEGA DROOL  

jonesy90 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 8:12 AM

I've always wondered why NearMe is named NearMe.

It seems such a strange name (my guess it's a pun of some description).

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 8:45 AM

Judging from other Japanese figures, it doesn't sound so odd. Fei Fei, Kururu, etc etc... I suppose in Japanese they don't sound strange at all.

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 10:54 AM

Quote - I just checked the Fei Fei link from gagnonrich's post.

MEGA DROOL  

Agree :o). Very pretty!

Laurie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 12:28 PM

I am wondering about the legality of buying something like this thoruh one of the Japanese shopping services. Since this is software, and that is usually covered by a non-transferable license... and at the same time, it's not like the people at the shopping services are actually installing it and using it... but how to prove that?

I've used Japanese shopping services a few times, but only for tangible items. Never for anything virtual.

As far as I know, moetan is a clothing pack /character pack for NearMe. And it's adorable!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jonesy90 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 3:02 PM

Quote - If one were very determined and had a lot of images of Fei Fei from different angles, and a lot of time, one could make Miki into Fei Fei, since they are essentially the same base mesh.

I've actually got the dvd "Cybervenus Fei Fei".

While I was watching it I thought that the model looked alot like Miki,but I put it done as a coinidence at the time.

Kinda makes me curious to check out the Terai Yuki one now,if I find it going cheap somewhere.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 8:09 PM

Quote - The character looks a lot like NearMe, but that figure has its own page
graphic.e-frontier.co.jp/poser/near_me/

Moetan is a seperate figure but it can use NearMe clothes, poses and textures. All of those dollies except for the one in the swimming suit and the one in the nighty have been available at Content Paradise Japan. I've bought all 4 from there and when I decided to get the add on  pack as well it was all gone and closed :(

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 9:06 PM

I didn't realize that Content Paradise Japan was closed. E-Frontier still sells Poser 7, but not the latest.

I did find a new Shade character, Tully, but it's too stylized for my tastes. Babelfish did a lousy job of translating the site and missed most words. I'd question whether one of the features for this character is "back hair". Google's translation program called them "shoes" which makes more sense. Why am I not surprised that Yahoo messed up Babelfish?
shade.e-frontier.co.jp/unlock/tully/

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

darken666 ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 11:27 AM

Quote - > Quote - The character looks a lot like NearMe, but that figure has its own page

graphic.e-frontier.co.jp/poser/near_me/

Moetan is a seperate figure but it can use NearMe clothes, poses and textures.

Well, Moetan can use NearMe poses and textures.  The shape is just a little off for any tight fitting clothing.  NearMe can wear Moetan stuff fine though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.