Thu, Sep 19, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Why Does Clothing FB morphes not work?

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 9:45 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 8:36 PM

Whats the deal on FB morphes not working on most of the clothing stuff I buy???
I have to go to each body part to adjust most of them.....Is this normal?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 10:03 PM

Depends on the type of morphs that were installed in the clothing.
Make sure that the figure is selected before you import the clothing, conform to figure.
Select figure, import clothing, conform.

Comitted to excellence through art.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 10:52 PM

Not all clothing out there has morphs that automatically hook to the figure.  Check with who you got it from and ask for help.

My Freebies

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 12:14 AM

Some clothes do work but the majority seem not to function under the 'body' selection
It seems like most of the FB morphes like heavy, thin, etc only work from the hip and other body parts 

I have noticed that if I  create a morph with  a third party program  such a MorCloth then they work fine..But  if I use the ones that come with the clothing most of the ones in the 'body'
It se

I follow the procedure that  'Dark edge' suggested which is what I usually do anyway-- to no avail. It seems like they are not 'hooked up'......

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 12:38 AM

Or you don't actually have to contact the person from if you don't want to, that's OK too.

My Freebies

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 5:13 AM

Have you resaved the clothing at any stage?

Some clothing is "super-conforming" which means that at least some of it's morphs should be automatically slaved to the morphs in the character.

If you save a character along with a conformed super-conformer to the Figures pallet, it should still work the next time the cr2 is loaded, but if you save a super-conformer to the Figures pallet by itself the super-conforming will be broken.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 8:41 AM

I find very many of the clothes I use that the morph dials in the body section don't work and I have to change each body part separately.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 1:38 PM

"Or you don't actually have to contact the person from if you don't want to, that's OK too."

I have not done yet this because the problem is prevalent and  it seems I have this issue with
a vast majority of products. I assumed that this was a 'Normal' poser bug and that we have to live with..... So that before I complain about the problem to each and everyone that has created these clothes I decided to post on this forum and see if anyone here had experienced the same problems or maybe someone understood these issues and has a solution.

estherau---Thanks for your input... I   I bet there are many others who are having these same issues

lesbently "Have you resaved the clothing at any stage?"
Yes but not all...
Thats a good point... and I have done that on some clothes. But the problems occur also
on  poses  installed directly to the  external runtimes...Could this be a issue? Do they have to installed into the Poser runtime to work? Maybe I will try an experiment to see if thats it.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 1:53 PM · edited Sun, 06 September 2009 at 1:54 PM

I think you are possibly misunderstanding the point.
Let's agree that super-conforming clothes when applied properly mimic the figures morphs as you move the figures morph dials. It does not (as far as I know) matter where you have your runtime installed. If you take some clothes that are super-conforming and re-save them to the figures library...they lose their ability to super-conform.
Some content creators know how to create super-conforming clothes, some don't, and some maybe have just learned. That might be why there seems to be such a disparity in the market.

Comitted to excellence through art.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 1:55 PM

Which Poser version? 

Not that I think it's the matter, but since I haven't encountered the problem myself.. could it be a Poser 8 issue perhaps?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 2:00 PM

I have the same problem... random clothing items have FBM's that don't work. I believe it is the clothing at issue. I can use Morcloth to create new morphs and all is well.

Now. How do I remove the old dials that don't work? :)

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 3:52 PM

Okay,  to rule out installation problems I installed  "Hungyus School Girl Uniform' in the P7 Pro runtime directly. Which Also Contains the V4's geometries and morphes and Characters.
I  installed the outfit directly to the V4s body (with morphes injected) then I conformed it.. All of the clothing  morphes directly related to the outfit  (eg adj_SkirtL)seemed to work okay ,,But morphes such as Bulk,Glutesize,Hip Size, etc which were on panel did absolutely nothing.
This is typical of many of the products that I have purchased which leads me to beleive that it is common and not isolated to just a few vendors....

All of these morphes can be added using MorCloth and work well. 

So the vendors should remove these dials if there functionality does not exist....

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 4:34 PM

Well, you still don't have to contact who you got it from unless absolutely necessary.

My Freebies

motox ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:07 PM

For me the fbm work just fine on a stock figure but once conformed you can't use the fbm to readjust the fit to any custum morphs the dials just stop working and I have to adjust fit by body part.

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:34 PM · edited Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:36 PM

The problem is super conforming. If a piece of clothing is super conforming and you conform it to a figure you can no longer adjust the clothing using the FBM dials. What is happening is that you change the value and then poser ignores it and uses the settings of the base figure instead.

You can test this by loading the clothing all by itself and test the FBM without loading a figure. If they work when you only have the clothing loaded then your problem is with super conforming.

I personally hate super conforming because it makes it a pain to adjust the morph settings.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:40 PM

I don't think the problem in every case (it is sometimes) 
Because often  if you morph the poser figure then conform the clothing often the clothing still doesn't seem morphed at all.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quote -  I don't think the problem in every case (it is sometimes) 
Because often  if you morph the poser figure then conform the clothing often the clothing still doesn't seem morphed at all.

In that case the clothing probably doesn't have the corresponding morphs, but the other morphs it does have are locked to the base figure.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 4:39 PM

One simple question, are you SURE that V4(for exapmple) is selected when loading each item of clothing? With most Superconforming clothing the base figure must be selected befor loading each clothing item or the ERC won;t "hook up".

And yes, in many cases using superconforming will cause the dials in the Body group of of the clothing item to become "locked out" and unusable for adjustments.

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 8:26 PM

Letterworks is correct, it is important to have the base figure selected when loading superconforming clothing, once that is done the master morph dials no longer work in the clothing because they are controlled by the morphs in the base figure.

gtrdon ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 10:43 PM

Letterworks:

"One simple question, are you SURE that V4(for exapmple) is selected when loading each item of clothing? "

Yes I am sure I tried it again with the same results... The dress adj_morphes work but the
"body" morphes on the dress do not....  Figure is selected, clothing added, then conformed
body adj on dress do not work..."Hungyus School Girl Uniform'  V42 with all morphes

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 10:52 PM

Unfortunately I don;t have that particular set so all I can do is recommend you contact the vendor and ask him. Usually they are pretty good about helping solve such problems.

adegner ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2009 at 9:40 PM

Quote - Okay, 

All of these morphes can be added using MorCloth and work well. 

So the vendors should remove these dials if there functionality does not exist....

If my memory serves me right you can apply morphs to the character and the same pz2 file to the clothing.  on stockings for v4  the magnetize clothing always seemed the fix the thigh poke thru.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:27 AM

As stated above, th ecloth is "superconforming". So, try the following workflow:

1. Load V4.2
  2. Inject All morphs
  3. Load the first part of the clothing and conform to V4
  4. Select a bodypart of V4
  5. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to V4
  6. Select a bodypart of V4
  7. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to V4

Continue until all parts of the clothing are conformed to V4 and now, try some FBM's of V4, the cloth should follow the V4 morphs. Also try some of the adjustment morphs in the clothes. They shozuld work as they are not connected to any of the V4 morphs.

Good luck

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

indigone ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 11:35 AM

I'm having much the same issues as everyone.  I love the way Poser 8 shows you what was automatically dialed in, but wish I could dial differently into the body.  I don't remember having issues like these in Poser 7, but next time I see something happen I'll see if it duplicates in P7.

Jules53757:  Are you saying that somehow selecting different bodyparts of a figure before loading the clothing helps alleviate this problem?

Indi.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 11:58 AM

No, I only wanted to make sure that V4 is selected, doesn't matter if the body or only a bodypart. You can also select V4 as active figure using the pull down menue on the left top of the Pose room window.

It is important that you select the figure, in this case V4, as active figure before you load the next clothing item that should become conformed.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

indigone ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 2:38 PM

Ahh ok.  I do that religiously and still have issues.  Next time I do I'll make more of a note of it.  I'd love to know if there's something wrong with the .cr2 that would be an easy fix.  Then I'd be inclined to contact the vendor.

Indi.

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 2:50 PM · edited Fri, 11 September 2009 at 3:01 PM

Hi gtrdon and Y'all:

gtrdon  wrote "... and see if anyone here had experienced the same problems ..." 

Just letting you know I am also having a clothing issue with new items for Poser 8 ... 

Last night I purchased Dark Rain For Poser 8 - Dark Rain by Dark Edge Design. 

Alyson's (of Poser 8) toes are outside her footwear, and Leotard (shirt) does not cover her breasts, plus other misfits. 

I read through this whole forum string. 

After having to manually point Poser 8 to the "Dark Rain" clothing components ... 

1. (new Poser 8 project) Load Alyson of Poser 8 on to the Canvas 

xx. Inject All morphs (I'm new to Poser. I don't know what this means, yet) 
Alyson was in her "T" pose (if that's what "Inject All morphs" means). 

1. Load the first part of the clothing and conform to Alyson 

2. Select Alyson 

3. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to Alyson 

4. Select Alyson 

5. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to Alyson ...

the ReadMe file mentions using Alyson of Poser 8. 

I also tried Alyson_LowRes and Alyson_DEV with Ideal Adult, Fashion Model, Heroic Model. 

In the "ReadMe" file is written the following ... "There is a Hide Me pose (DarkEdge:Alyson:DarkRain) to eliminate poke throughs." 

Thank-you everyone for your tech help.  I will try applying your recommendations. 

M_L_R

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 3:13 PM

Thats the difference, Alyson has all her morphs already built in, V4.2 not, so it's not necessary to inject morphs into Alison. When you have loaded the cloth and conformed it to alyson you have to use the AddDeformers pose out of the folder "RuntimeLibrariesPosePoser 8AlysonSpecialty" to the cloth and then follow to the next step.

I didn't write it as I didn't realize the newbees often don't know that. The correct workflow should be:

1. Load V4.2 or Alyson
  2. Inject All morphs (not with Alyson)
  3. Load the first part of the clothing and conform to V4/ Alyson, use the MagnetizeClothing pose (V4)/ AddDeformers pose (Alyson)
  4. Select a bodypart of V4
  5. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to V4/ Alyson, use the MagnetizeClothing pose (V4)/ AddDeformers pose (Alyson)
  6. Select a bodypart of V4
  7. Load the next part of the clothing and conform to V4/ Alyson, use the MagnetizeClothing pose (V4)/ AddDeformers pose (Alyson)

Clothes often have adjustments poses to avoid pokethroughs in several poses. Those poses are named according to the creators needs, they shold be named in the Readme.

Ulli

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 3:33 PM

I applied the Pose "DarkRain" (supplied in DarkRain's: Pose >DarkEdge >Alyson > DarkRain Folder). 

Then I went through the workflow. 

The clothes now fit. 

Still a few "poke throughs", but I'm still experimenting. 

M_L_R

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 3:35 PM

Thanks Jules53757: 

I'll add your method to my experiments.
M_L_R

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:09 PM

You're wellcome.

Ulli

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:33 PM · edited Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:45 PM

file_439251.jpg

... Then ... I applied the Pose "DarkRainHideMe" (supplied in DarkRain's: Pose >DarkEdge >Alyson > DarkRain Folder). 

Then I went through the workflow. 

note: at this point I have not used "AddDeformers pose" because so far it looks good. 

The clothes now fit. 

To this point, "poke throughs" are gone. 
Thank-you Jules53757. Your posts helped me come up with ideas. 
M_L_R

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 11 September 2009 at 5:20 PM

correction ... (in the above post) I forgot to delete "Then I went through the workflow. ".

I applied the Pose "DarkRainHideMe" after the 1st (and only) workflow because there were still "poke throughs". 

M_L_R

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 5:27 PM

Well, I hope I don't blame the creator of this outfit but, HideMe poses, I assume there are bodyparts hidden, please make a render with Alyson with that pose and no clothing (set the nudity flag if necessary) are an absolutely no go. Hidden bodyparts to fit clothings show the level of experience of the creator. If one needs this kind of poses, it shows that the creator of the dress is a newbie. I know one big shop where clothes with such poses never will pass the QA tests and so will never will become sold.

This is one of the big probs with the Poser owners, doesn't matter if it is SM, was EF or their predecessors, they had a lack of quality assurance and no strict rules, so they have a lot of, not all, artists that would not be able to sell at other stores.

Ulli

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 5:35 PM

Hi Jules53757: Above, is a Poser pose, not the creator's pose. 

I'll try a few poses that expose more areas. If they're good, I'll post them soon. 

M_L_R

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 5:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_439256.jpg

Hi Jules53757: Here's a quick low quality render. I don't see any holes in the clothing. I'm new to this Forum. Please let me know if this (position/angle) is considered too risqué by this Forum's standards. Just in case I'll attach an advisory.  M_L_R

M_L_R ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 7:10 PM · edited Fri, 11 September 2009 at 7:21 PM

(above picture) I looked close up. The spot that looks like a "poke throughs" is a light reflection. 

I did find a "poke throughs" using a different Pose and an extreme close-up but I think it was do to an overstretched joint. M_L_R

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 2:01 AM

To examine a cloth for pokethroughs it is a good idea to set the bodycolour to an unique colour, with this dark cloth I would use white to have a maximum contrast  between the colours. Also, you should use the standard poses, delivered with the figure as testers usually use those for testing and it is nearly impossible to test a cloth with al possible poses.

Ulli

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.