Fri, Sep 20, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: How are Vue trees created?

Obi Van ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 9:09 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:38 AM

Hi, Just would like to know how those Vue trees are created...from scratch. What is that SolidGrowth thing? Is it a 3:rd party product that can be used to make other trees than the ones supplied with Vue? Can we then expect any third party development of new trees (other than meshes)? How are they otherwise made by E-on? ...I miss all kinds of trees that are common up here in the northern part of the old world... Enjoy Your Day / Ole

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 9:49 AM

Hi Obi van, Solid Growth is E-on's invention for creating trees and it only exists in Vue--no 3rd party plugins. Try this. Grow a tree of some sort and in the "summary of materials" window, load a solid color in place of the leaves. Then grow a few more of the trees and do the same thing and see what you now have after rendering. The appearance of the tree leaves is actually based entirely on the transmaps and materials/butmaps, and is not a polygon mesh at all. Hopw do they do it? I don't know, and that's a carefully guarded secret they have. But, by altering the existing materials, you can come up with lots of your own new plants. Experiment!

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 10:59 AM

butmaps? I'm not even going to touch that one! LOL! :) -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Daffy34 ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 11:32 AM

hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike, you have a way with words! LOLOL!! Laurie

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 1:40 PM

well... "mommy kissed dadddy, and the angel told the stork, and the stork came down from heaven and hid a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch... and the diamond turned into a baby." "our parents are having a baby, too." "they had sex." sorry. (yes, i'm a member of the addams family.) but seriously, the solid growth (tm) thingy is a sort of shape-generation algorithm that produces a random number and shape of branches/leaves, and assigns them a default material. extra vegetations can be created (e-on sells extra veg's at their site), but only, i believe, in-house. you can change the materials of the vegetations to get new variants, new speciea, etc. check especially guitta's site, and varians, for alternate plant materials. you can also re-scale the vegetations (see the recent posts about cherry trees/oak trees.) and stack them (see varian's tutorial about building complex trees) to build upon the stuff that comes with vue. er, guitta and varian will be by shortly to post their urls for ya....

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 2:52 PM

LOL, yeah, what Bloodsong said! And here are the URLs: Guitta's http://start.at/arte Good tutorials here for changing the leaves of plants with new images (that's where I learned how to do it!), and also how to change the colors of the tree leaves to create different seasonal appearances. Also materials for the plants and trees to change the appearance. Varian's (hey! that's me!) :D http://www.varian.net/dreamview/dreamtools/vue/ Tutorials for reshaping SolidGrowth trees to create "new" trees, plus a bunch of materials for changing the appearance of the SG veggies. Laurie's too! http://www.lauriesvue.com/ Laurie has a few really nice plant materials available! And...if you check the Vue free stuff area here at R'osity, there are some additional plant materials available. :) But sorry...no butmaps. ;>

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 5:33 PM

file_191851.jpg

What's the matter with butmaps? This is the little-known *Gluteus Monsterus*. It does well in all climates, but seems to especially prefer television and air conditioning.

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 9:16 PM

:::laughing way too hard to type!!!::: :D

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 10:16 PM

Oh my!... heh,heh,... heh,heh,heh,... HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Obi Van ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 2:09 AM

Hi, 1 GB thanks for all the answers...I am so grateful! And MikeJ, about that bad-ass flower of yours...it really stinks :) Enjoy Sunshine in Life / Ole

Obi Van ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 2:23 AM

MikeJ...just wondered if you have allready claimed a good Latin name for your new creation? Am not trying to be a smartass, (it just comes natural to me), but what about "Botanica Polyrectum"? Enjoy the Day / Ole

Obi Van ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 4:31 AM

MikeJ...sorry, my eyes were too strained I guess...you allready had a good name for it..

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 5:28 AM

heh-heh... ;)

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 1:39 PM

Hey Mike, how come you put apricot pictures on that tree there?? :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.