Sat, Aug 3, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Avatar scenes generated in Vue?

Peregrin ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 8:25 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 5:56 AM

Hi folks!

I've just watched the Avatar trailer.
It looks like a mix of the Pocahontas storyboard and the Vue 6 demo reel.
Does someone know which software they used?
I guess a lot of landscape scenes were done in Vue...

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 8:32 AM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 8:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Checkout the E-on website. They might have the skinny on this.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/showcase/spotlights/?all=true

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 8:50 AM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 8:50 AM

Since Vue is gaining acceptance in many studios, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been used in some fashion.

Studios are generally shy about disclosing which tools they are using in their pipeline.

I wouldn't expect to see anything revealed about it on e-on's website until SIGGRAPH 2010, or at the very least, until Avatar is released in theaters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.