Fri, Sep 20, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Getting Freak 4 clothing to fit in Poser

Tomsde ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 8:02 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 5:05 AM

Does anyone know a work around to get the Freak 4's clothing to fit in Poser besides turning him into M4? I was trying to avoid installing Daz Studio and just bought he new Poser.

Anyone know if there is any progress is fixing the "Poser Bug"?

drewradley ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 8:17 AM

I've had some luck converting the clothes to dynamic cloth and "growing" him into them. When that doesn't work, I use magnets to adjust it.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 10:54 AM

OK here's a movie explaining some of the problems with the M4 figure and some work arounds and fixes for you.

It is in 3 parts. I made it very quickly and its not the best, but I dont have time right now to do it over.

I picked up some more work from my last project (amazing how word of mouth gets you work) so am very busy right now. I will try to get back and answer any questions on how to in case someone does not understand how to use these fixes.  Watch in full screen since its a bit blurry, also the sound is slightly ahead of the action.

Cheers,
Mike.

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

From phantom3D

Life is hard, but what a ride.

Tomsde ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 6:36 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2009 at 9:54 AM

Not had a chance to watch those videos yet, so I may be repeating something you've already learnt, but Dimension3D's free python script "Copy Scaling" helps a lot though you may still need a magnet or two as well

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=copy+scale&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2009 at 10:57 AM

Not had a chance to watch those videos yet, so I may be repeating something you've already learnt, but Dimension3D's free python script "Copy Scaling" helps a lot though you may still need a magnet or two as well

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=copy+scale&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2009 at 7:19 PM

Thanks for the pointer.  I found that the Wardrobe Wizard Scripts will also do the same thing, so that definitely helps.  I'm now reconsidering Daz Studio; I hate these conforming clothes issues.

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 9:22 PM

If you watch the video you'll see it doesn't have anything to do with Poser or a "Poser bug" but is rather a figure bug.

Life is hard, but what a ride.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 10:15 PM

It isn't a figure bug though ...

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 7:47 AM · edited Thu, 01 October 2009 at 7:51 AM

Oh, I'm not blaming Poser; it's these unimesh figures--The original Freak's clothes were not problem to apply.  Now the Freak is just a morphed M4 and the Freak clothes are coming in at normal M4 scale.  Although it's  not a bug, I'd like to see Poser incorporate the same type of cross talk in their figures as Daz Studio does (although Daz Studio used to work better with cross talk early on they changed it because of problems with conforming skirts), it is still less of a pain to clothe figures with Studio than with Poser.  I used to love using the Mil. Beard because no matter how I morphed my character's face the beard used to follow it--but that has changed--but this morphy follower looks promising to restore that type of functionaity.

The way I look at it is that Poser works fine with earlier generation figures, conforming clothes are less of a problem, but Daz Studio has these new tools, like the morph follower, that will be a big boon to me when it comes to certain things.  I'd rather spend less time adjusting morphs and scale dials and more time concentration on composing my scene and lighting.

I really think SM needs to pay attention to what Daz is doing so that the program can support Daz Figures more easily.  If there were a selection of excellent human figures that weren't made by Daz I wouldn't care; but the Poser native people after Poser 5 have been absolutely hideous.  The new Apollo Maximus was never released either.  If Poser and Daz Studio take separate evolutionary paths I wish that SM would hire artists to create beautifully crafted and useable humans.  Miki, I think, was the closest thing any poser company had ever created that ever came close to Victoria's popularity.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.