Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Animation: X Minus One - Cold Equations

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 4:17 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 1:50 PM

Attached Link: Cold Equations

Here is a animation I made in Poser. I posted it in the animation forum, but no one ever seems to go in there, so I figured I'd put it here as well.

www.youtube.com/watch

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

coltrace ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 7:47 PM

Nice layering and great fx !!

Keep up the good work. Your animation is tres bon indeed !

Yarivt ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 4:12 AM

Wow, you must have worked on this for ages!
Very nice indeed.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 1:58 PM

WOW! This is bloody BRILLIANT!

Which figure is the guy? I don't think I recognize him...

Great work! And I LOVED the scene witht he spaceship being built. All those reflections (I LOVE reflections) - and the little detail with the welder on the top! Awesome!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

cspear ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 2:10 PM

Now that looks like a lot of hard work!

Very impressive!

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

drewradley ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 2:29 PM

Thanks everyone!  It was a lot of work. and a lot of rendering time. My rendering computer had been going nonstop for more than two weeks to get this rendered!

All the male figures are Hiro Toon.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 7:43 PM

Incredible!

I remember you.  You had a featured animation on the old CP site.  "The Shadow".  Perhaps
the last featured animation there?  Beyond well deserved!

It's funny.  At the beginning of The Shadow?  It talks about the anthracite coal regions of
PA?  I live in the anthracite coal region!  LOL.  :) 

drewradley ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 7:38 AM

Quote - Incredible!

I remember you.  You had a featured animation on the old CP site.  "The Shadow".  Perhaps
the last featured animation there?  Beyond well deserved!

It's funny.  At the beginning of The Shadow?  It talks about the anthracite coal regions of
PA?  I live in the anthracite coal region!  LOL.  :) 

Yep. That was me. Thanks for remembering! Nice to know I've left an impression! Yeah, I really miss the old CP. Got a whole lot of views from that. Now I have to promote it the old fashioned way... ;)

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 3:28 PM

I love OTR...... my MP3 player is full of them. The animations are well done, shame it's only part of story! This is such a great idea, why didn't I think of this ;-)

Love to see more of this!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

gToon ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 1:47 AM
Site Admin

Great idea using OTR as a drama source. So glad to see Poser being used for animation. Enjoyed it a lot. Obvious you put a lot of quality time into the animation work. Funny, I remember reading this story a long time ago. So interesting to see it animated.

Thanks so much for posting!

Managing Editor @ Renderosity.com

www.rgrove.com

gToon ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 2:04 AM
Site Admin

PS, noticed you used motions from the mocapdata.com website. Did you download them as BVH files and import? What was the process you used there? 

www.rgrove.com

efstarlet ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 4:19 PM

Hey Drew-

We may not have featured animations on CP any more, but we have LOTS of places to help you promote your awesome animations thanks to social media:

You can post it to our Facebook page, unless I beat you to it:
http://www.facebook.com/Poser3DFigures

I also just added you to our Content Paradise YouTube subscriptions, so all your new videos will show up in my feed, but you can also follow our channel here, where I have added you to the Poser playlist:  http://www.youtube.com/user/contentparadise

You can also tweet about it, and we may retweet it on our Poser Pro or Smith micro feed:
http://www.twitter.com/poserpros
http://www.twitter.com/smith_micro

We're still here to help promote whoever is out there using Poser or any of our products in a neat way.  Feel free to share with us!

Anyone can contact me at socialmedia@smithmicro.com or poser@smithmicro.com and I'd be happy to see what we can do to share your work with the world!  If you happen to see a great se of Poser out in the wild, even if it's not yours, please send it my way!

Thanks!
Tori Porter
Online Marketing Manager
Smith Micro

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

drewradley ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 6:05 PM · edited Mon, 28 September 2009 at 6:08 PM

Quote - PS, noticed you used motions from the mocapdata.com website. Did you download them as BVH files and import? What was the process you used there? 

Yep. Downloaded them as BVH. Then I start a new poser file and load only the figure I want to apply the BVH too. Then I find the frames I want to use and make an animated pose. Next, I remove all the frames and apply the new pose and then I tweak it and save the pose again. Then I open the scene which I want to use the pose and apply it to the figure. Finally, I use PoseMagic to do any final adjustments. Probablyh an easier way, but this is the way the works best for me. Next month I'm going to buy PhilC's BVH import help tools.

efstarlet, thanks for the info! I'll check it out!

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

gToon ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 9:45 PM
Site Admin

Thanks, Drewradley. Appreciate the detailed response.

www.rgrove.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.