Thu, Sep 19, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: COLLADA export problem

OrenPoliva ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 12:30 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

Hello. I am trying to export characters with movement from poser8 to Blender3d.  The 2 options I found are obj files and COLLADA files. I read that COLLADA suppose to capture the movement of the character but when ever I try to import it to blender I get a still pic. I've noticed that before I export in poser I cant mark the option for export animation and poses, maby thats the problem. Anyone got a suggestion or a better strategy. exporting obj files just seems so cumbersome.
Thank you
Oren Poliva

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 1:52 AM

Can you not create a BVH motion file from the poses and then import that separately into Blender ?

Eternal Hobbyist

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 5:07 AM

I dont think the collada importer for blender works very well
with the exports fom Poser or Daz studio IIRC.

Cheere

My website

YouTube Channel

OrenPoliva ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 7:35 AM

Is there a way to combine in blender the bvh files with the COLLADA or obj files

OrenPoliva ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 7:35 AM

Is there a way to combine in blender the bvh files with the COLLADA or obj files

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 8:53 AM

I have not tried myself, but I know there is a way.  

Perhaps you may search the forum posting here:
http://www.blenderartists.org

Eternal Hobbyist

Eiseprod ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 11:37 AM
Eiseprod ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2009 at 11:47 AM

Here is another linkt othe same topic above. It is from a different site though. but members are very knowledgeable in Blender.   http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=148643

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.