Sun, Oct 6, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: OFF TOPIC - for UK members

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 2:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:19 PM

Some of you may know that I'm going to be in London a week from tomorrow, for 10 days; at this late point, my lodgings plan has apparently fallen through and I'm tossed back to trying to find a reasonably affordable (read: cheap!!!)   place to stay.  Do any of you possibly have any suggestions for places to look for such a thing?  I will greatly appreciate any and all suggestions!   Otherwise, I may get to find out how some of your lovely park benches work out as beds..

Thanks!
Denise

sandra46 ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 4:35 PM

When I was much younger there was a Tourist office at Victoria station to make reservations for every wallet. I suppose that the same can be said for the airport. However, for bookings in advance, I used Orbitz or Lastminute to get an idea and book a place through the Internet. Also Flybe, the British low cost company has combinations fly and stay. But I suppose it's too late, even if you may try. Ciao
Sandra

PS london costs an arm and a leg, so be prepared to go in the outer ring to find somethiing reasonable, unless you are so lucky to seize a special offer. 

sandra46 ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 4:36 PM

I forgot to say I'm not British, but I travel a lot.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 5:18 PM

Ask Fredd255 (David) ,SuperAstro (Nick) , Danob (Danny)  or BibbyBear (Chrissy) Those are the first that come to mind..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 6:42 PM · edited Thu, 01 October 2009 at 6:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lastminute.com/

Try the link above.

Edited to add - some hotels in the Victoria area will demand to see the EXACT card you used to book.

I booked a room for a friend after she missed her coach, and despite paying (and never refunding the 85 quid) they wouldn't let her stay until they saw the card.

Because we couldn't to London, last train had gone, she ended stranded all night at Victoria coach station. Fortunately the station does have security but it's not good.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 6:44 PM

London is a total rip off.  Try the Travel Lodges,  around £50 per night bed and breakfast they will be the cheapest option.

ecurb - The Devil

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 1:29 AM

If all else fails Premier Inns have been known to be good value, you might want to look into staying in one of the small towns outside London & commute in rather than finding somewhere in London as outside is always cheaper.

It's a shame I don't still live in London or you'd be welcome to use my sofabed.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 11:59 AM

Attached Link: Clink Hostel

How about a stay in the clink ?

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

mickuk50 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:59 AM

Denise ,Innkeepers lodge do 3 for 2 nights with breakfast or advanced savers depending on whereabouts you want to stay .These are great places to stay ,we have first hand experience .The link is www.innkeeperslodge.com/ .

Mick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.