Tue, Oct 1, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: How to make conforming clothing

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 6:39 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:08 PM
Site Admin

I have some clothes that I made and wanted to make them conforming, but I have no idea how to do it. Can someone suggest a good tutorial, or something, on how to do it, please?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 7:08 AM

There are several ways of doing it.

Most figures are supported by PhilC's OBJ2CR2 and Clothing Creator, and that is the simplest way of making conforming clothing. Of course, the program costs a bit, but you'll need SOME other programs anyway.

I think PhilC has a tutorial on his site, or perhaps it was on a CD I bought? Not sure anymore...

(OK technically you can group it inside Poser with the grouping tool and the setup room, but that is a bit clunky)

In short: First you need to group your clothing obj so the groups match the target figure as much as possible. MarkDC has made a program called EasyGroupEditor, it's well worth the money if you oplan to make more than one piece of conforming clothes. It's pretty much a one click solution, although it should, like everything automatic, be finetuned afterwards.

Then there's a program like PoserFileEditor which can take care of most of the rest. And MarkDC also has QuickConform, I just havne't tried that, I started with Kattmann's PoserWizard which had a Conforming module. It just doesn't work too well in newer Poser versions so I switched to PhilC's Clothing Creator and Poser File Editor/AutoGroupEditor for unsupported figures.

Once the obj is grouped, you can use the Setup room and a piece of clothing that is close to what you've made. Look in the manual for how to do that, I have tried it but it's years and years ago so I'm not certain of the workflow anymore.

Once you have your obj turned into a CR2 comes the "funny" part - the joint parameters. It's a lot of fiddling, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not. Depends on the clothing and the base figure :)

I'm really crap at explaining it, but it's not all that hard. Takes some time, but it's not rocket science :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 7:55 AM

Attached Link: video here

This video might get you started

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:22 AM · edited Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:24 AM

Another way HERE.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 3:34 PM

Quote - This video might get you started

John

Where can we get Part 2?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 6:49 PM

There is also this:
www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx

The whole ball of wax. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:24 PM · edited Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:25 PM

Quote - There is also this:
www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx

The whole ball of wax. 😉

I sure wish it were female clothes. I would've snatched it up right away!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2009 at 8:06 AM
Site Admin

Thanks, I'll have to check this stuff out, now that the weekend is over and I have some time to myself.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.