Sun, Oct 6, 11:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Am I going crazy? A thread I read earlier now deleted?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 12:46 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:04 AM

I read a DS vs Poser thread this afternoon here and now it's gone. The asker was given DS3. I'm curious as to where and why.

Or, am I going crazy and there never was one here

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 12:48 AM

no, there were several.  if one of them gave him ds3 (freebie), it would be warez problem.  if they advised him to use ds3 instead of poser, then it would result in flaming.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 1:01 AM

No, It was posted in the last day. There were DAZ PA's that answered including a DAZ rep. Then the OP won/random selection by Daz a copy of DSa3. Then there were a few congrat posts.

I was sure I had read it here.

Maybe I am going crazy.

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 1:15 AM

Do you mean this one HERE,  it sounds like what you are describing it is in the Members forum at DAZ

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 1:41 AM · edited Tue, 06 October 2009 at 1:47 AM

That was it. I had read it before my first coffee.

Thanks for proving me crazy. LOL

I wanted to direct some to the thread to show how they might get a copy as they are interested. But it's members only so she can't read it.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 11:56 AM · edited Tue, 06 October 2009 at 11:58 AM

man, talk about good fortune!  I've found poser 8 to be too unstable to use on OS X, regardless of update.  if d|s is anything like carrara, it would be much more stable, but I dunno for sure.  anyway, I'm not looking for a refund from SM because

• they need the money
  • they may eventually fix it for me by SR3 or SR4

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 2:38 PM

I find P8 library slow to load on startup, more so with SR1. Besides they never bothered to fix the damn scrollbar, in size and how it disapears when you resize the window. The clothroom constraints don't work right all the time.

Other than that it work fine, no crashing and renders fast. I'm using a PC.

I have DSa3 but I hate the half a$$ way Daz and 3rd party plugs don't work in the 64bit version. So I'm not impressed in having to install 2 versions to use all the plugs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.