Sat, Oct 5, 6:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: V4's fingers are stuck. They won't move.

Mote2 ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 3:55 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 9:41 PM

As you can see from the (incomplete) pic I was working on, V4's middle and ring fingers won't move.

I asked in the DAZ forums what was up, and they were very helpful in that they had solutions for the problem in DS, but NOT for poser.

They said that the problem happens when you install the V4 creature Morphs.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem other than uninstalling the V4 creature Morphs?

Propschick ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 5:28 PM

Maybe use the updater for v4 after morph installation ? It's somewhere in the Poser runtime folders.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Mote2 ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 7:04 PM

No luck.

It didn't work.

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 7:27 PM

I assume we're talking about her left hand, and that you want it to be a fist?

I notice that when I used some 3rd party hand/pose files this can happen. I think something goes wrong with how the geometry is affected by the file. Occasionally it gets fixed simply by clicking on the affected part in the pose room - not sure why, someone else might be able to explain it better. If that doesn't work I usually try zeroing the figure using the hierarchy editor and then applying a different pose/hand file.

Best of luck.

Propschick ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 9:05 PM

Maybe turning off IK too ?

chriscox ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 9:31 PM

file_440844.jpg

I can't replicate this in Poser 7. I load V4.2 and then load the V4 Creature morphs with the INJ Creature V4 pose.  Dial up some of the body channels and a head channel. The finger parts are still bending, twisting and moving side to side.

Chris Cox

Propschick ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 9:37 PM

Dang, that's a face only a mamma could love, LOL

chriscox ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 9:51 PM

Attached Link: Lock Actors V4 (Body Locks)

> Quote - Dang, that's a face only a mamma could love, LOL

Had to show that I was actually using the creature morph, didn't I?
I think I found the thread at DAZ about this.  It sounds like they are just locked so you should be able to unlock them.  If they are locked you can unlock each part by going to Object on the main menu and uncheck Lock Actor.
Also Les Bentley has a set of body lock poses for V4 that might fix this.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=55607

Chris Cox

Mote2 ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 2:30 AM

Thankyou chriscox, I'll try that and get back to you.

Mote2 ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 3:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - Dang, that's a face only a mamma could love, LOL

Had to show that I was actually using the creature morph, didn't I?
I think I found the thread at DAZ about this.  It sounds like they are just locked so you should be able to unlock them.  If they are locked you can unlock each part by going to Object on the main menu and uncheck Lock Actor.
Also Les Bentley has a set of body lock poses for V4 that might fix this.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=55607

Sadly they did not work.  Her middle and index fingers on both sides are still locked up.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 4:00 PM

Quote - I asked in the DAZ forums what was up, and they were very helpful in that they had solutions for the problem in DS, but NOT for poser.

Can you either tell us what the solution for D|S was or link the thread with it in, as it can probably be translated into whatever is required for Poser or will at least tell us what the cause is.

Mote2 ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yah, they said "There have been issues with V4 and the Creature Creator morphs resulting in the middle fingers and neck locking.

Here is a thread from the Commons about the problem and the fix(es):

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=78352

This apparently happened if the Creature Creator morphs were installed, but not necessarily injected into V4.
"

DavidGB also posted a download to zero the figure, which he said should help, but it's a D|S file, poser won't even read it.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=123818

and

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=78352

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 7:10 PM

What appears to be happening is that zeroing the figure affects something that needs to be set at 1.

The dial in question should be labelled something like "INVThreeFinger" in each hand, and I suspect might be hidden.

The quickest thing to try is select each hand and then Edit | Restore | Element (or use Ctrl-E).
Otherwise you'll need to unhide the dial and set the value back manually or make a PZ2 to do it.

Going by DavidGB's D|S script there's also a "INVNeckGon" in the neck which also needs to be set to 1 (no idea if it not being so will cause similar problems) but the cure will be as above but for the neck.

Mote2 ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 5:16 PM

I finally fixed it by clicking on edit > Restore > Figure.

I had to completely rebuild the pose and re-adjust her claws, but I fixed the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.