Tue, Oct 22, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Someone interested in making a Poser cartoon?

pack ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 1999 at 7:13 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:21 AM

Attached Link: http://userdata.acd.net/cady.patrick/anims.htm

Looking for someone to work together with on making a 22 minute animation. It's a first attempt at making a cartoon which could grow into something bigger. Primary s/w would be Poser 4 ,Bryce 4, & Adobe Premiere . I have RDS 5.5, & recently bought Lifeforms Studio 3.5. For video output I use DV format, Mpeg2, VHS or most any other format. Lifeforms came with 750 motion files. Most of them look quite useful. I also have the Zygote motions CD, Dedicated Digital Animal Kingdom, the Zygote Animals CD, Dance Studio (for creating dance BVH). Recently bought the LightRom Superbundle (11 CD's of meshes& textures) & have gigs of downloads. Also have thousands of sound effects, & a Mediatrix 3DXG soundcard & Yamaha Clavinova synthethiser I need someone who knows Poser's animation tools, Bryce, plus some other 3D modelling app, preferably RDS or LW/Inspire. I can't pay anything, but have a feeling this could grow into something big. I say that with confidence when I see the total garbage my kids will watch. I've tried animating in Poser. The main problem is the wacky Spline Interpolations. You spend 90% of your time removing undesired movements caused by the crazy looking splines on almost every limb's MT dial for every keyframe. Enter Lifeforms. Script is flexible, but prefer to keep to the sci fi action genre. regards, Pack Contact me at: cady.patrick@acd.net

matlock ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 2:01 AM

Hell Pack, sounds like a lot of work and time, how much do you estimate ? What you say may well be right (=worth the effort), and when I think about the trash all our kids watch :) the figure "22 minutes" brings to mind that you could turn it into a series and grow totally stupidly rich... Still, do you think it poss to finish the 1st one in under 6 months ? Genres are manifold, hooray for Hollywood...

screw ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 8:10 AM

It would probably take alot less than six months, as a half an hour of a drawn cartoon would take much less than that, with poser you only move a bit of of the image instead of drawing a whole new frame.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 10:10 AM

heya; i think you're forgetting the difference in time between photographing a frame of hand-drawn cartoon, and rendering a frame of 3d animation. :) mainframe (who produced reboot, and transformers:beast wars, etc) did manage to produce fully 3d rendered cartoons for a weekly schedule. but they obtained or developed some proprietary tools to help them speed up production. i cant find their official website... though you could try this as a jumping off point: http://www.UltimateTV.com/UTVL/utl.html?card+1611 good luck!

Director ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 2:17 PM

http://www.mainframe.ca

pack ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 3:03 PM

I estimate about 10 to 15 hours per minute of finished product. Total around 300 hours. I could devote about 30 to 40 hours/week. I'd probably take a week off work to devote full time (60-80 hours) for 1 week. So for 2 people that would be about 7 weeks at roughly 20 hours/week. I would use more than 2 people if available. I ceated several 1 minute anims that took over 40 hours, most of which was fixing Spline Interpolations between keyframes. The second biggest time consumer was synching audio to the action. I have a quick fix for the next time. Those 2 things took around 70% of the total time just repairing what I did. I don't think phonemes are very important for articulating lips in a cartoon. None of the cartoons I see come close to the actual word phonemes/mouth positions. Several more short cuts I intend to use are to write script around the motions, mocaps, objects, animals & sets that I already have. 22 minutes is 1 half hour episode. Once I/we have a library of motions & characters, the time per episode would drop- not to mention the learning curve factor. If actual money entered the picture more people could be hired, or we could dedicate ourselves full time. regards, Pack cady.patrick@acd.net

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 7:29 PM

heya; thanks director! (the mainframe link on the page i cited is bad.) geeze, pack... i guess you dont sleep. ;)

Gawain ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 1999 at 5:12 PM

If you want to do lip synching check out this website: www.lipsinc.com They are working on a lip syching program that works with Poser. They have a demo site where you can download a sound file and they will e-mail you back a sample .avi. I tried it and the results they sent me were great. They say the program will be out in November.

jeffroig ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2000 at 4:46 PM

I currently use Poser 4 to create MS Agent character and sometimes it takes hours and even days of work to complete the design of a character thats not including the time to animate. I use a various assortment of 3D programs to achieve the effects desired such as LightWave,3DMax,TrueSpace,RDD5,Poser4,Bryce3D,LifeForms,Rhino and canoma. Iam interested in helping with this project if you wish me to. You can contact me at pc_3dtoons@hotmail.com I too have children and worry about what they watch and would like to make a interesting yet educational cartoons that would not exploit sex or violence or the graphic language that we all see them watching now. Dwayne R.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.