Tue, Oct 22, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Really Real Photorealism

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 12:02 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 6:09 AM
helanker ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 12:27 PM

UNNNNbelievable.

prutzworks ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 1:24 PM
Online Now!

a CRAFTSMAN!

minder is meer

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 2:14 PM

This is amazing!

Royce

whaleman ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 2:16 PM

Not sure if I believe this. It is too easy to take two photos from slightly different angles and process them differently. I think this is fake.

bmac62 ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 4:58 PM · edited Thu, 15 October 2009 at 4:59 PM

Bruce...when I click on the link it goes to NPR but fails to bring up the page we're looking for (as of 4:57pm Central Standard Time) Says the page you are looking for is unavailable...

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 8:24 PM

Photorealism in painting is an established technique from before the digital imaging surge.  I do not know if these are real or not and that would take a much closer look than provided.

I have seen photo realistic paintings of airplanes with shiny metal bodies and similar stuff with no photos, just the painting.  There was a wonderful realism as far as technique is considered, yet, something said "painting" and those were paintings. Astounding,  yes,  but not photos.

These look almost too good, all with a noticed shift in "levels" and color.   If painted and not painted over, these are excellent technique even if not enticing art form.  There is my 2 cents worth which is not that of a learned critic.

Garlor ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2009 at 7:05 AM

I have dabbled in painting from my photos. In comparision to sketching from life I found it a great shortcut. The areas of light and dark plus reflections are already converted onto a flat surface for me and that saves a lot of errors. From that point it is a job of copying neatly and leaving out or adding features.

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 10:57 AM

I really like his work! It reminds me of Rockwell, but less cartoonie? Great link, thanks, Bruce!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.